just bought a socket a

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I came in search for a motherboard that's good for overclocking socket a cpu's. I just bought a Socket A Sempron 2300+, but I bought a crappy motherboard for it- the MSI-KT4AV.. and it doesn't come with an agp or pci lock because I need a pci lock for my PCI SATA Raid controller. On this board I was able to overclock my Sempron to a 2800+ 2.1GHz.

Anyways, I was wondering what a better board would be? I heard that the DFI LanParty nFII Ultra B board is the best for overclocking..? Is this true? I dont really get the difference between DFI LanParty nFII Ultra B and the nF3.

This will be my first computer build, and I just saw to get a socket a sempron off ebay for cheap and got it :) . Thanks for any help or comments, very much appreciated.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Can thoroughly recommend the DFI LAN Party Ultra II B board I had one for 2.5 years. And yes, it overclocks well.

I don't think you'll find a new one now but you should find one on E-Bay.

Had you come here Saturday, I had one for sale but I sold it yesterday.

Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I will definitely be buying one seeing that a Super Moderator with 6469+ posts recommends it :D . This board does have an AGP/PCI lock right?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I will definitely be buying one seeing that a Super Moderator with 6469+ posts recommends it :D

Flattery my friend will get you nowhere , unless you back it up at the Cutty Sark pub (London) on a Friday night armed with a tray full of ale...right Flops :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
diz_guy said:
Wow, thanks. I will definitely be buying one seeing that a Super Moderator with 6469+ posts recommends it :D . This board does have an AGP/PCI lock right?

Oh man, all that counts for nothing, lol, all it shows is I spend more time here than is healthy :D

Geddy Lee said:
Flattery my friend will get you nowhere , unless you back it up at the Cutty Sark pub (London) on a Friday night armed with a tray full of ale...right Flops :D

Absolutely right :thumb: :D

Not sure what you mean by 'lock'. If you mean does the AGP slot have a locking clip to hold the card in place then yes, it does.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Not sure what you mean by 'lock'. If you mean does the AGP slot have a locking clip to hold the card in place then yes, it does.

I meant in the bios, is there an agp/pci lock to lock the frequencies of my agp/pci cards when I overclock the FSB?

Thanks.

Ask a Question