Just a thought !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I know that there is a sticky at the begining of most sections dealing with telling people to include their system specs when asking for aid . But would it not save people a great deal of time and effort if a new sticky was created specificaly for system specs that ,

was highlighted in red with a suitable title ,
gave a link to Everset and simmilar programs (I've only ever used Everset so cann't give alternatives),
gave a link to screen capture programs like Faststone capture and similar ,
included a example of what to include (similar to those at the bottom of peoples posts , sig lines)
an example of a screen capture frome Everset or similar (as in pic) .

As a "not quite a newbiee" I can remember my first posts . They were not that coherent and lacking in informative detail ( they have improved slightly, haven't they ?) even after I had read the sticky . Its quite difficult trying to find and understand what software is easy to install and use when you are a newbiee to pc troubleshooting and worse if you are in the middle of a crisis .

So what do you think ? Will it make life easier for our heroic experts here at PC Review and give them more time to do what they do .

user.gif
:D

Reaction score
Hello mate...

It's a great forward proactive approach... however, if people search for something, they will often find the answers to their question - whether that's actually a resolution; or just steps to take to gather information or troubleshoot it.

You'd be surprised how many Google searches actually return PC Review Forum pages! :thumb: ;)

Ian - What's your thoughts on this idea?
:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What are you saying? - your post is so incoherant and lacking information I don't understand :confused: :p :D

.....nope, I think its a good idea to be honest :thumb: - all we then need is for folks to read it before posting :rolleyes: - but I suppose we can always then link them to it as an example of what we need.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, I think it's a very good idea indeed :D Good thinking! I'll try and get it done tomorrow morning, I'm off for a long weekend, so I'll try and do it before I go :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll work on a test thread in the admin forum and work on it over the next week to make sure I can get a general consensus. :)

Reaction score
I think everyone should just have their spec in their sig... that would make things a whole load easier :)

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but most new members post once or twice with a problem then just never reply..

Good idea though Abarbarian :)

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Not a bad idea, but most new members post once or twice with a problem then just never reply..

Good idea though Abarbarian :)
At least I always reply and say thank you etc.

It must be very annoying when members do not even have the decency or good manners to do that.

I agree - good idea Abarbarian

I will input my new system when it arrives.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just adding this now, and I'll keep updating the sticky as things crop up :) It's in the Windows XP and Vista forums for now, but I'll copy it to others if it is needed there too :)

Ask a Question