joystick for microsoft flight sim 2004

Reaction score
Hi everyone..first time on.
I'm looking to buy microsoft flight sim 2004 and have no idea which joystick on the market to choose. I've looked at Saiteks, Logitechs ans Microsofts but for every positive review i find, i also find a negative review. Hopefully one of you kind people can help guide me in the right direction.:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Go to "game controllers" and click on "Add" ... don't worry, there you'll find a list of controllers Windows "can" use ... pick one in the list to buy.

:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Games Controllers>Add ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have an old microsoft sidewinder, never had any problems apart fromit uses a game port and i dont have on on my new PC, just get one in your price range from any of those makes with a USB connection :thumb:

Reaction score
If you are going to use MS flight sim 2004, you need to have a joystick with a twist grip rudder and throttle control. My Saitek Cyborg 3d Rumble does the job great. You will struggle to fly without the rudder and throttle controls.

It dosen't matter if the controller isnt in the windows list, you'll get driver CD's...

Just dont buy a REALLY cheap stick, it will ruin the experience

Reaction score
If anyone suggest you buy a gameport to USB adaptor for your old joystick ...don't.
I could go on and on about why not but just don't...

Ask a Question