Job Interview - Your advice please

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Way back in 1969 I was captured by a wandering tribe of nomads just outside Colchester who declared me an infidel and an unbeliever and summarily relieved me of a somewhat vital part of my anatomy.

Since then I have wandered these fair isles deserving of the ephitet 'floppy :)

It's a sad sad thing.....

BUT

If I must reiterate this story for the 50th millionth time... ;)

Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band are my favourite musical act.

'Floppybootstomp' is track one side one of 1978 Beefheart album 'Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)'

The track title 'floppybootstomp' contains two computer references so when I joined my first forum ten years ago (Icrontic if you must know though it had a diferent name back then) that's the name I chose.

I kinda wish I'd chosen a different monicker but I didn't so the floppy one I shall be online forever more.

I think, by now, I've heard all the jokes, so try harder Mr Zed :p

So really you were "Strapped" for a name then....is that also where ya got the name for your HD man....observant aren't i, good ram still as well LOL...oh, and i will try, i will try, Uncle Flappy.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Just had an email from the Recriutment Dept

I got an email from the Recruitment Hub, about half an hour ago. I knew it wasn't good news, with the Manager saying I would hear something within the end of the week.

So unfortunatly I didn't get the job.

Cheers all for the info though :thumb:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, are you going to ask for some feedback on the interview?
This may help you in future applications.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you werent successful mate....dont be too disheartened though....maybe that job wasnt meant for you and your special job is just around the corner....keep trying.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Though it was good practice in preparing for interview, so I'm sure the next one will be easier! :)

Ask a Question