    crazy!!!!!!
    --
    marilu7373

    Guest, Sep 9, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Marilu,

    Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine.
    The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade,
    or reinstall the right one for the game site you're playing on.

    A. For Zone.com games: Zone.com are converting most of their games for Flash
    to avoid the conflicts between the Sun Java system and Microsoft's Virtual Machine.
    Install Flash from: http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml

    B. Most other game sites still use Java. You can install Java and find more help
    tips at this webpage: http://java.com/en/download/help/pogo.jsp

    C. If the online game still won't load, or gives you errors, try these steps:

    1. Click START / Control Panel / Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab.

    2. Below HTTP 1.1 is the Sun Java/ Microsoft VM section: Make sure all Java choices
    are unchecked (especially JIT) and then press [OK]. You may be prompted to reboot.

    3. If you don't see a Microsoft VM section then download Microsoft Virtual Machine for:
    Windows 98 / Me / NT / XP from: http://www.abxair.com/software/msjavx86.exe

    4. After you download Java, double-click the file to install it, reboot and then follow
    the directions in Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other advanced options.

    * Whenever you get a Java Virtual Machine Security Update from Windows Update, you
    will have to follow Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other adv. options again.

    6. If the problem persists Adjust Your browser settings using this basic example:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

    7. Try these suggestions for Zone's Java Games:
    http://classic.zone.msn.com/zzzz/help/helpjavagames.asp

    8. Maybe it's a software conflict: Make certain that your Firewall or Antivirus program is
    not configured to block Java Applets. Norton's products for example have that option.
    If you're unsure temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with Firewall,
    Antivirus & AdBlockers using: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796
    or this utility: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    9. If you have a Coffee Cup icon in your system tray (next to the time) you might have a
    conflict between MS VM and Java: Uninstall Java using Control Panel / Remove Programs.

    10. Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java topics relevant to
    that site. There is usually an email or a (non Java) help chat available as well. :)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Jimmy S., Sep 9, 2005

    marilu7373

    Guest, Sep 15, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi faye,

    This sounds like a settings issue. If using IE7, please try the following:
    1.. Open an Internet Explorer 7 browser window.
    2.. Click on the Tools menu in the upper right of the window.
    3.. Choose Manage Add-Ons and then select
    Enable and Disable Add-Ons.
    4.. Click on Sun Java Console.
    5.. Make sure the radio button at the bottom is set to Enable.
    6.. Click OK.
    7.. Close the window.
    8.. Open a new IE7 browser window and go to the game site

    --
    Cheers, Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User

    Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: www.msce.mvps.org

    =================

    Jimmy S., Jan 19, 2007

    yes put i dont no want you are talking about is just staring leander the
    compere

    Guest, Nov 20, 2007

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi courtright61,

    I tried to be as step by step as possible. Please try the first
    steps, and let me know what questions or problems you have.

    --

    =================

    Jimmy S., Nov 20, 2007

    nanalina Guest

    nanalina, Dec 5, 2007

    randalitis Guest

    randalitis, Mar 10, 2008

    playkit2007 Guest

    playkit2007, Jul 19, 2008

    Sysu Guest

    I have basically the same problem with exceptions. I uninstalled the older
    version Java 6 update 17 and went to their website to install the newest
    version update 18
    Their website gave an error.."OOps you installed the wrong version (Family
    version), clear browser , uninstall and click the Download button."

    This error showed even though I went to the correct page for my pc Windows
    XP. When checking the version of the download, it said 'Java u18.rv.exe'.
    I then tried to get it from MajorGeeks. In checking that version it said
    'Java i586.ex'.

    In each instance it showed I was downloading the correct update for my pc.
    Java's website game me the aforementioned error message and MajorGeeks'
    website said I should update and uninstall the outdated '17' update.

    It installs, but verification is not made by Java that it is. No matter I
    keep getting that the "wrong" version is installed. Exactly what is the
    "right" version..update 18.rv.exe or i586.exe?? Am I doing something wrong
    by uninstalling the older version?

    Also, in Add/Remove section, "Java Auto Updater" there with no way of
    removal. I downloaded ' Windows CleanUp Utility' and got rid of that. Could
    that have left behind a problem?..Never have I seen that in A/R in all my
    years of using Java.

    Sysu, Jan 29, 2010