    Would someone know what could be the reason for that problem
    Any help would be very appreciated
    Julien.

    Guest, May 19, 2004

  2. It sounds like the IE6 wrapper msi installed, but did not trigger the
    ie6setup.exe
    Are you running the msi from an IE6SP1 distribution directory, with IE6 set
    up with the IEAK?
    Regards,
    Anthony

    "Julien" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying now to install IE v6 SP1 through System Policy using the

    "Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Setup MSI Wrapper" (Ie6sp1gp.msi).
    > I created a new GPO that applies only to my test computer. So when this

    test computer starts up, it first check GPO and starts installing the IE v6
    SP1 (this is at least what is displayed on the screen just before the login
    window comes up!).
    > After that I can login and when I take a look at the Event Viewer, it says

    the IE v6 SP1 installed properly.
    > But in reality it is not!
    > To verify that I can open the IE and it says: IE v5.0!
    >
    > I thought that normally after a certain amount of time (that is after the

    setup finished), the computer had to be restarted but it is not!
    > That's why I tried to restart it manually and relog on to the machine to

    see if something happened but nothing!

    Anthony Yates, Jun 8, 2004