Issue when publishing in C#

P

Paul

I need help with this one. I am running VS 2005 Pro. If I create any windows application and then try to publish it I get a "Default certificate could not be created. Publish aborting." I have tried to create the test certificate but every time I try to do this I get an error "The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80070002).

However, I have another machine with VS 2005 Standard and if I create a windows application it works with no problem.

I have re-installed VS 2005 Pro on my machine again but the problem persist. Anyone has seen this before? Any suggestions? I have searched the web for possible solutions but to not avail. Obviously Microsoft won't even talk to you unless you pay them for their technical support. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Their software is messed up and yet they want me to pay them.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

R

RobinS

Are you running on Windows Vista, or Windows XP? IF you are running on
Vista, try right-clicking on VS2005 and selecting "Run as Administrator"
and see if this helps you at all.

Robin S.

Ask a Question