Is Vista anytime upgrade available worldwide?

mlai

Hi, I just bought a new Sony laptop running Vista Business in Hong Kong.
However, when I click on upgrade vista link (which takes me to anytime
upgrade), and selected microsoft, it responded with anytime upgrade is not
available in my region. Isn't anytime upgrade available worldwide?

Scott

Hi, I just bought a new Sony laptop running Vista Business in Hong Kong.
However, when I click on upgrade vista link (which takes me to anytime
upgrade), and selected microsoft, it responded with anytime upgrade is not
available in my region. Isn't anytime upgrade available worldwide?

Nope. Just U.S. and Canada for the time being.

--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
NOTICE: In-Newsgroup (and therefore off-topic) comments on my sig will
be cheerfully ignored, so don't waste our time.

mlai

Not at this time.
Only USA/Canada/Japan/parts of ASIA/parts of Europe,
that's it for now. Could be corrected on this, but that
was the situation last time I checked.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it seems you are using Windows Anytime Upgrade program.
Based on my research, the WAU marketing campaign is targeted at customers
who have purchased a Windows Vista PC and would like the added
functionality of the Premium and Ultimate SKUs. A variety of partners
including OEMs and Retailers have partnered with Microsoft to market WAU in
the PC product, at the point of purchase, and post PC purchase. Marketing
messaging centers around feature benefits, ease of upgrading through WAU,
and affordability. The first wave of campaign activities will kick off with
the launch of Windows Vista in January 2007 and run through March in
conjunction with the Windows Vista Windows On Windows (Wow) campaign. Based
on results, a Wave 2 campaign may also run from April to June.

Geographies & Markets

WAU will expand into additional countries and regions post Windows Vista?
launch. Country listing and timing will be communicated at a later date.

Countries:
o US
o Canada
o European Union
o Norway
o Switzerland
o Japan

E-commerce Languages
o English
o Dutch
o French
o German
o Italian
o Japanese
o Spanish
o Swedish

E-commerce Currencies
o Canadian Dollar
o Euro
o GBP
o JPY
o SEK
o Swiss Franc
o USD

Hong Kong is not in the list above. For more related information, please
refer to:
Windows Anytime Upgrade Program Details
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/windows/factsheets/WAUFS.mspx

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "mlai" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Is Vista anytime upgrade available worldwide?
| Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:35:20 +0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi, I just bought a new Sony laptop running Vista Business in Hong Kong.
| However, when I click on upgrade vista link (which takes me to anytime
| upgrade), and selected microsoft, it responded with anytime upgrade is
not
| available in my region. Isn't anytime upgrade available worldwide?

Conor

mlai said:
Hi, I just bought a new Sony laptop running Vista Business in Hong Kong.
However, when I click on upgrade vista link (which takes me to anytime
upgrade), and selected microsoft, it responded with anytime upgrade is not
available in my region. Isn't anytime upgrade available worldwide?
No.

YOU CAN HOWEVER GET IT REGARDLESS.

If you set a Proxy server IP address in "Internet Connections" to one
in the US, the Windows Anytime Upgrade thinks you're in the US. As long
as you've already got an installation DVD, you can purchase it that
way, download the installer and upgrade.

BSchnur

I understand from other threads that in China they have an upgrade
anytime for free approach which they have been working on dare I say it
'religiously'....