    I just want to drop a control on a form and I expect to get a themed XP-fashioned control.

    Thanks a lot!

    Pablo SV

    DivB, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Yes it does. Set the controls flatstyle to system and call
    application.enablevisualstyles. In visual studio 2005 all controls default
    to the xp style.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...msapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp

    Ken
    ----------------------
    "DivB" <divbyz at g mail.com> wrote in message
    Hello,
    Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?
    I use to develop software in a language called Visual FoxPro.
    And I remember that when I drop a command button or some other Windows
    common control in VisualStaudio.net (first version) it looks like an old
    Win32 control. For my surprise VisualStudio.net wasn't using (like VFP years
    ago did) themed controls.
    My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -without API
    calls or something like that- ?

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Jul 27, 2005

  3. "DivB" <divbyz at g mail.com> schrieb:
    > Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?

    By default no.

    >My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -
    > without API calls or something like that- ?

    Yes, however, VS.NET 2003 does not provide IDE support for Visual Styles:

    Enabling Windows XP Visual Styles for Windows Forms applications
    <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=xpvisualstyles&lang=en>

    --
    M S Herfried K. Wagner
    M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Jul 27, 2005
  4. DivB

    Jan Hyde Guest

    "Ken Tucker [MVP]" <>'s wild thoughts
    were released on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:37:13 -0400 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >Hi,
    >
    > Yes it does. Set the controls flatstyle to system and call
    >application.enablevisualstyles. In visual studio 2005 all controls default
    >to the xp style.
    >
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...msapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp

    I don't know about 2005 but I'd avoid using
    enablevisualstyles in 2003, sooner or later your going to
    get an error you can't explain that is solved simply by
    removing that call.

    Unless there is a fix for this issue?

    >Ken
    >----------------------
    >"DivB" <divbyz at g mail.com> wrote in message
    >Hello,
    >Is vb.net using Windows XP themed controls ?
    >I use to develop software in a language called Visual FoxPro.
    >And I remember that when I drop a command button or some other Windows
    >common control in VisualStaudio.net (first version) it looks like an old
    >Win32 control. For my surprise VisualStudio.net wasn't using (like VFP years
    >ago did) themed controls.
    >My questions is: Does VisualStudio.net 2003 support themes -without API
    >calls or something like that- ?
    >I just want to drop a control on a form and I expect to get a themed
    >XP-fashioned control.
    >Thanks a lot!
    >Pablo SV

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Men always make passes at girls that drain glasses. (Henny Youngman)

    [Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]

    Jan Hyde, Jul 27, 2005
  5. DivB

    Guest Guest

    You are 100 and 10% correct! enablevisualstyles causes erratic behavior and
    should be avoided.
    --
    Dennis in Houston

    Guest, Jul 28, 2005