Is this ogus??

Bob Newman

I'm always wary of suspicious email. I did sign up for an Outlook
newsletter several days ago but this confirmation looks suspicious. Can
anyone shed any light on it?
--

Thanks in advance... Bob

at (e-mail address removed).

To confirm that you would like

(e-mail address removed)

added to the outlook_newsletter mailing list, please send

an empty reply to this address:

outlook_newsletter-sc.1097667603.mlkijdjenapcakbkahfa-bob.newman=cox.net@spa
rnaaij.net

Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.

If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into

the "To:" field of a new message.

This confirmation serves two purposes. First, it verifies that I am able

to get mail through to you. Second, it protects you in case someone

forges a subscription request in your name.

--- Administrative commands for the outlook_newsletter list ---

I can handle administrative requests automatically.

<[email protected]>

To remove your address from the list, just send a message to:

<[email protected]>

For addition or removal of addresses, I'll send a confirmation message to

that address. When you receive it, simply reply to it to complete the

transaction.

If you need to get in touch with the human owner of this list, please send a

message to:

<[email protected]>

Please include a FORWARDED list message with ALL HEADERS intact to make it

easier to help you.

by mail2.hosting.nl with SMTP; 13 Oct 2004 11:40:03 -0000

by av01.hosting.nl (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id i9DBe3im030336

for <[email protected]>; Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:40:03
+0200

forged))

by mail.hosting.nl (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id i9DBe1DO030318

for <[email protected]>; Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:40:01
+0200

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:40:01 +0200

To: "Outlook Newsletter" <[email protected]>

From: "Your Name" <[email protected]>

Subject: Subscribe to Outlook newsletter

Date: 13 Oct 2004 13:40:01 +0200

version=2.63

Dear mailprogram,

I would like to subscribe to the newsletter by using the form on
www.sparnaaij.net with the following address

(e-mail address removed)

Regards,

The Outlook newsletter subscriber form from www.sparnaaij.net

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

It is legitimate mail from Roady - an Outlook MVP who frequently posts here.
I am sure you have seen his name - Robert Sparnaaij. If the words are
unfamiliar, it is because he is Dutch and does some things in his native
language.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, Bob Newman asked:

| I'm always wary of suspicious email. I did sign up for an Outlook
| newsletter several days ago but this confirmation looks suspicious.
| Can anyone shed any light on it?

Roady [MVP]

Yep, that is my mailer replying indeed :)

Most of the mail is pretty standard of the program itself. The most
modification I did was at the bottom of the message; no Dutch anywhere
though.

I should be back with with new content and newsletters soon!

Thanks for subscribing!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com