    For example, if "#" was that symbol, I could type a cheery:

    ## Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! ##

    ....complete with 4 musical note symbols. Thanks for your help!

    Richard Streelman, Apr 8, 2009

  2. Richard Streelman

    Jay Freedman Guest

    In the Arial Unicode MS and MS Gothic fonts, among others, you'll find quarter,
    eighth, and sixteenth notes at Unicode numbers 2669 through 266C. For example,
    to insert a quarter note, type 2669 in the document and press Alt+X.

    See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm for more.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:21:09 -0700, Richard Streelman <Richard

    Jay Freedman, Apr 8, 2009

  3. There are two musical note characters in Times New Roman, Arial, Courier
    New, and other fonts, in the Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset at 266A
    and 266B.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)