Is it white with you?

Reaction score
Yep, heavy snow at Gatwick, so sadly a day at home!:rolleyes:
Tried to drive in to work but to much snow on ground and snow falling at 0645.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We had 8 inches of snow yesterday in Manchester - and annoyingly I'm only a short walk from work so I've got no excuse!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes here too - we were pretty fortunate and got away with just an inch or so previously.... but it has caught up with us now, and about 4 inches fell overnight. Still snowing as I type. :D

Here is the view from our front door, taken just now (our front door is at the side of the house ;) )

Viewfromfrontdoor.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much every car in our car park is stuck. I've seen a few cars try and escape, but the snow and ice is just too much. The road outside had so much snow on it that you couldn't actually see where the road ended and the curb began - so there were quite a few scrapes for those that did try. :eek:

Reaction score
We had abot a half a centimetre, lol. Kids are ecstatic. We are getting away lightly over here thank god. I think it's time to get shopping as it's only a matter of time before we get lashed. Its been snowing very lightly all morning.
Have ya's been watching sky news ??

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it white? :D Errrrr.....slightly. About another four inches last night.

attachment.php

Late yesterday afternoon

attachment.php

A local lake. I liked the way the sunlight picked out only one tree. :)

Attachments

• Sunset3A.jpg
    Sunset3A.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 290
  • PooleLake2AA.jpg
    PooleLake2AA.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 284

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
A lovely midwinter day in Helsinki. -13°C, sunny, calm. Snow depth 40-60 cm.

126277277548361.jpg

Harbour downtown.

126277288448362.jpg

15 km "inland" - near Helsinki-Vantaa airport.

happywave.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Loads here in Bucks, (8-12") and its still coming down..... :(

Reaction score
What ever happens tonight i have to go in tomorrow as i have a meeting to go to!:(
Just hope the roads are gritted tonight, not sure if they were yesterday?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's been snowing steadily all day here in meridian-land.

This morning roads were clear, snow turned to slush on pavements and about 1"/25mm of snow on undisturbed surfaces.

However, the downfall has now increased and it seems to be settling everywhere, there's about 2"/50mm on me patio right now.

My daughter was due to arrive today, leaving Bristol Uni on a 7am coach but all services were cancelled because of snow so she's had to delay her visit.

Michael Fish, BBC Weather, 6th January 2010.

'Hurricane? What hurricane?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My daughter had to walk home from work today as buses were refusing to drive up Blackheath Hill because of the snow.

All my life, buses have run in the snow, even up Blackheath Hill, which is sort of medium steep.

The roads were actually clear, so why did these lily-livered bus drivers refuse to drive up the hill?

1) Genuine fear of sliding back down the hill?
2) Generally poxed off with being abused by passengers for a crap wage and deciding to take revenge on employer?
3) Dead scared that if an accident did occur they'd be sued by 50-odd passengers through one of those USA-inspired 'No win no fee' legal companies?
4) All London bus drivers are a big bunch of girlies totally lacking in bottle who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag?
5) The WW2 spirit of pull together, persevere and overcome died when Britain irreversibly changed between 1955 & 1970?

I did kinda shake my head in disbelief.

Bunch of wimps.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Been white here since before Xmas. I'll post some pics when I get time.

Flops reason 4 then 5
laughingsmiley.gif
after all they are southeners :p

Loverly pics, as zed says COOL
nod.gif

Reaction score
I put it down to pure laziness Flopp's....if the roads were clear then there was nae risk.

Reaction score
Great pictures from all parties.

Yesterday (6/1/2010) the snow started to fall at around 10ish in the morning and it didn`t stop until around 6-7 in the evening.
It`s the longest fall of snow that I can remember. Today it`s still on the ground and now turned to ice,very dodgy.
historian

Ask a Question