Is it possible to open the default Contact form with the Activities tab activated from a custom form

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook VBA Programming' started by David Webb, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. David Webb

    David Webb Guest

    I have created a custom Contact form which is attached to the contacts. I
    would like to use a button on the custom form to open the default Contacts
    form with the Activities tab selected. The Click event would detach the
    contact from the custom form, open the default form with the Activities tab
    activated (which is what I don't know how to do), and then reattach the
    contact to the custom form again leaving both forms open.

    Right now, I can open a contact in the Custom form, click a button on the
    custom form to detach the contact from the custom form, and then click on
    the contact again which opens the default form leaving both the custom and
    default forms open. But once the form is detached from the contact, it
    remains detached until Outlook is restarted (which attaches the form to all
    contacts) or a button on the main outlook toolbar is clicked attaching all
    of the contacts to the custom form again.

    As far as I know, the only way to get the functionality from the Activities
    tab would be to either open the default contact form with that tab selected
    or create another custom form and try to reproduce the functionality.

    If possible, how can I open the default Contact form with the Activities tab
    activated?

    David

    David Webb, Jun 20, 2006

  2. Take a look at the Inspector.ShowFormPage method. That's what you use to show any particular page.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Jun 20, 2006