Is it possible to export data to an access database upon opening an excel file?

Reaction score
Is it possible to export data to an access database upon opening an excel file. (what I mean: Instead of getting into the file and going through the prompts to export it, can I write some code via vba to have it export to the same access database everytime once the file is clicked to open?) At my business we have the same reoccuring report and Im looking for less clicks as possible. If my users can simply click on the particular file they want, the code will do the work for them in exporting the information. Leaves a lot less room for error.

What I would like is and IF Statement written in the VBA that only allows the export upon click when the file name begins with the letters "FALL"

This will actually be a "push" of a file into an access database so it can change al it wants and that is fine. I just want the user to be able to click the web link, the file doesnt even have to open, but exports the information within the file to a designated Access database. The reports have similar formats and If i can find a way to apply the vba to this situation I can do it for every report on our network.

This process will actually be taking place on an http: site and I am assuming the code would have to be applied to the "source" of the website. THANKS!!

Ask a Question