Is it possible to assign rows for exclusion when data is sorted by column?

Push Latency

I have an inventory of books, listed under cells which bear heading
like "history", "science", etc.

[image: http://www.parpacy.com/excel001.jpg]

Is it possible to assign the rows which contain headings some kind o
exclusion status so they stay fixed while the data shifts when it i
sorted

|Filename: excel001.jpg
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3962

CLR

You can sort the data in the order you wish, including all the rows, then
apply Data > Filter > AutoFilter, and select a dropdown arrow to filter out
the rows you dont want to see........Data > Filter > Autofilter again,
returns all to normal......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Push Latency" <[email protected]>