is front page the best for creating html emails or publisher

I want to produce HTML email shots to my customers with pictures and
attractive layout, is front page the application or is publisher ok?

Andrew Murray

Not really, it is for creating websites, not html emails. However it can be
done, but results might vary.

Design your page, then copy and paste the design into your email program,
you need to host the images on a web server, and give the full URL address
pointing to the images. (they won't be embeddeded in the email).

If you want to show off photos and so on a simple web site would be the
better option, then send all your users the email with a link to the site.

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

Publisher is very limited in that respect.

I don't do html emails very often but when I do I use FrontPage. And if you
use Outlook Express instead of Outlook to create the email you don't have to
worry about storing the linked images on the net.

| Not really, it is for creating websites, not html emails. However it can
be
| done, but results might vary.
|
| Design your page, then copy and paste the design into your email program,
| you need to host the images on a web server, and give the full URL address
| pointing to the images. (they won't be embeddeded in the email).
|
| If you want to show off photos and so on a simple web site would be the
| better option, then send all your users the email with a link to the site.
|

| "just book new zealand" <just book new (e-mail address removed)>
| wrote in message
| >I want to produce HTML email shots to my customers with pictures and
| > attractive layout, is front page the application or is publisher ok?

Andrew Murray

Didn't realise that difference applied between Outlook/Outlook Express.

Of course, there's still the main issue: "not everyone uses Outlook Express"
and "Not everyone uses or likes to use HTML mode to read emails" - therefore
my suggestion of using a web site and emailing the link still stands.

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

Welp that's true. I use OE to read Usenet and for occassional html email. So
none of my contacts are in OE, I email the html email to myself and retrieve
it with O then send it out.

| Didn't realise that difference applied between Outlook/Outlook Express.
|
| Of course, there's still the main issue: "not everyone uses Outlook
Express"
| and "Not everyone uses or likes to use HTML mode to read emails" -
therefore
| my suggestion of using a web site and emailing the link still stands.
|
| | > Publisher is very limited in that respect.
| >
| > I don't do html emails very often but when I do I use FrontPage. And if
| > you
| > use Outlook Express instead of Outlook to create the email you don't
have
| > worry about storing the linked images on the net.

| > can
| > be
| > | done, but results might vary.
| > |
| > | Design your page, then copy and paste the design into your email
| > program,
| > | you need to host the images on a web server, and give the full URL
| > address
| > | pointing to the images. (they won't be embeddeded in the email).
| > |
| > | If you want to show off photos and so on a simple web site would be
the
| > | better option, then send all your users the email with a link to the
| > site.
| > |
| > |
| > |