Is Front Page 2000 a multilingual tool?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Kijja, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Kijja

    Kijja Guest

    Hi.

    FrontPage 2000 is not yet fully unicode support. but the
    workaround for this issue would be in <input> tag you can
    add unicode value for the russian character in
    the "value" attribute for example <input type="button"
    value="щф&#1076"> something like this. this
    should work fine in IE eventhough in FP might show "???"..

    hope this help..
    Kijja

    application
    >that should let people create any page - English,

    Russian, Japanese,
    >etc. - as MS Word does if the needed language is enabled

    in OS.

    >And for plain HTML text Front Page 2000 works that way -

    >can start typing Russian text (being on pure US English

    computer)
    >then go to File/Properties/Language and select needed

    Web encoding,
    >so correct Russian .HTML (with charset=windows-1251) is

    produced.

    >But if I try to add a Button to a form, then I can not

    get Russian
    >text on the Button - eventhough I 'told' Front Page that

    I am
    >preparing _Cyrillic_ windows-1251 HTML, I still have

    some Western
    >symbols if I try to type Russian. Same happens if I

    wrote HTML myself
    >in Notepad (and verified that it works fine) and then do

    File/Open
    >in Front Page - the Russian text on the Buttons got

    corrupted!

    >--
    >Regards,
    >Paul Gorodyansky
    >"Cyrillic (Russian): instructions for Windows and

    Internet":

    Kijja, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Kijja wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > FrontPage 2000 is not yet fully unicode support. but the
    > workaround for this issue would be in <input> tag you can
    > add unicode value for the russian character in
    > the "value" attribute for example <input type="button"
    > value="щф&#1076"> something like this. this
    > should work fine in IE eventhough in FP might show "???"..

    Thanks, it is definitely a good work-around! But I still think
    that it's just _I_ don't know how to make FP work normally
    with Cyrillic on buttons while really FP can :)

    --
    Regards,
    Paul Gorodyansky

    Paul Gorodyansky, Jul 16, 2003