IrfanView 3.95 is it worth it - 3.85 is good!

Helen

For 9x/2K/XP. My favorite graphic-file viewer - but so much more than that! You just
may not believe everything this can do! I really recommend you download and use this!
Now includes scanner management & TWAIN acquisition, sophisticated image editing,
format conversion, audio-video file playing - and more. Freeware by Irfan Skiljan. ONE
CAVEAT: On the latest version, uncheck the two boxes installing an eBay toolbar and
browser toolbar buttons - unless, of course, you want them!

The above is from this website. Has anyone updated Irfanview to 3.95 and what's the
advantages - if any over v.3.85?

http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php

Helen

Steven Burn said:
Latest version I've got installed is 3.92 (also has the eBay "options").
Can't see any advantages myself.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!
Thanks. Version 3.85 works fine for me. I don't do e-bay, but understand
that those options can be turned off. If it doesn't play RealPlayer files, then
I'll keep the version I have. Thanks again for the info.

Helen

xtort

I cannot really see a difference myself. I dont know why the author
would include the ebay toolbar, as it just turns people off. I keep
using this app though, because XNView keeps crashing through different
versions I have tried.

best,
http://xtort.net

D.G.

For 9x/2K/XP. My favorite graphic-file viewer - but so much more than that! You just
may not believe everything this can do! I really recommend you download and use this!
Now includes scanner management & TWAIN acquisition, sophisticated image editing,
format conversion, audio-video file playing - and more. Freeware by Irfan Skiljan. ONE
CAVEAT: On the latest version, uncheck the two boxes installing an eBay toolbar and
browser toolbar buttons - unless, of course, you want them!

The above is from this website. Has anyone updated Irfanview to 3.95 and what's the
advantages - if any over v.3.85?

http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php

Yes I'm using 3.95 quite happily: Advantages, got to
http://www.irfanview.com/ history of changes link and see if any of
the updates since 3.85 (.90 .91 .92 and .95) you would find of use.

Regards
D.G.

Bolton, NorthWest England

Rili

One of the advantages I find with the latest version is lossless
automatic rotation of jpg's based exif orientation tag. Very handy
indeed if your digital camera has the orientation switch for exif.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov>
* Date:Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:54:27 -0500
* Subj: Re: IrfanView 3.95 is it worth it - 3.85 is good!
H>Thanks. Version 3.85 works fine for me. I don't do e-bay, but
H>understand that those options can be turned off. If it doesn't
H>play RealPlayer files, then
H>I'll keep the version I have. Thanks again for the info.

3.95 with all plugins should do RealPlayer files (and many more others
than previously). While I don't do Real Audio, there's a place in the
Properties>>Extensions to select .RA Real Audio file formats.

Lew/+Silat

a.. Q: How to remove the eBay toolbar from IrfanView toolbar?
A: Go to "Properties->Misc 3", and uncheck this option. You can also set
this option during the IrfanView installation, everything is optional.
b..
c..