IPSec and XP Home

M

Mike

I have a user running XP Home on an HP Pavilion a230n,
using a Linksys WUSB11 wireless usb network interface to
connect to a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Cable/DSL router.
The machine will boot, and the wireless connection is
established. Then, after about a minute, I see Event 615
in the Security Event Log. It says, "IPSec Services: IPSec
Services has failed to obtain the complete list of network
interfaces..." It goes on to say how this is a security
risk, etc. Then it clamps down the IP network, and the
wireless connection is terminated. What can I do to stop
this behavior? Thanks in advance, Mike.

G

I am having the same problem. My desktop is running Windows 2000. This is the machine I connect to my ISP through. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Broadband router. I have a Toshiba laptop. I never lose the connection on the desktop but I am able to connect sporatically on the laptop. When the connection on the laptop dies I get the same Failure Audit - 615 error. I have the latest version of the firmware and drivers. I've called Linksys, Toshiba and my ISP and everyone points their fingers back to the other person. Help!

G

I have turned off Norton Anti-Virus on both machines and neither has a firewall. I had been told by a few people this is what might be causing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

----- Laura wrote: -----

I am having the same problem. My desktop is running Windows 2000. This is the machine I connect to my ISP through. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Broadband router. I have a Toshiba laptop. I never lose the connection on the desktop but I am able to connect sporatically on the laptop. When the connection on the laptop dies I get the same Failure Audit - 615 error. I have the latest version of the firmware and drivers. I've called Linksys, Toshiba and my ISP and everyone points their fingers back to the other person. Help!

Ask a Question