IPod Car Adaptor

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with, or could recommend an adaptop to use an Ipod in a car? It's for my girlfriend who has just got a new car and would like to play her ipod through it. She is fussy, and here is the list of things to bear in mind which she just sent me. Feel free to laugh!!

1. BLACK (most important!)

2. Charges i-pod whilst plugged in (to the fag lighter!)

3. Must be for an i-pod nano, there are lot's of different types remember!

4. I don't want to be sticking i-pod holders on my car or anything, it will mark it!

Help appreciated!!

Bodhi

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Bodhi

Go get an Itrip - it's sleek and black and does just what you want. My son has had one for a few months and is highly delighted. It also works with a radio at home. I think I paid about £39.99 for it from Currys or Dixons.

Fear not, there's no sticking anything onto the car so no damage - guaranteed :)

Good luck!

Gabriella x

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The gadget show a couple of weeks ago, They did a review of the Itrip and alike, check out the link. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I went to the place that installed my CD player in my car and asked about using the iPod with it.

They said I could use a gizmo which plugged into the back of the CD/Radio unit and wires from it would be taken to the Glove compartment and plugged into the iPod.

The CD Player then displayed all the iPod's contents and you selected playlist from the CD player fascia. Kinda like the iPod becoming purely a hard disk.

It charged the iPod and when you disconnected it the CD Player/Radio reverted back to it's normal self.

It costs £70.00. I still may get one cos even though I get about 8 albums in mp3 on a CD for the car, I have about 200 albums so far on my iPod and this would give me a much bigger choice.

The one Gabriella mentioned is also good, you can get them on Amazon and stores like Comets & Currys.

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the advice. Is the Itrip that little Griffin thing that you attach to the bottom and it sends the ipod signal to your FM radio?

Thanks.

Bodhi

Ask a Question