ipconfig error

Rob

I get the error below when I do an ipconfig. Everything works ok though,
browsing, file sharing etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob.

(PC is an IBM thinkpad running XP SP2)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The operation completed successfully.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unknown media status code.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>

You need to remove and install the tcp/ip connector in the networking
options.

--
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

///////////////////
--Anthrax--
//////////////////
Rob said:
I get the error below when I do an ipconfig. Everything works ok though,
browsing, file sharing etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob.

(PC is an IBM thinkpad running XP SP2)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The operation completed successfully.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unknown media status code.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>

Rob

Thanks for the reply. If I turn off TCP/IP in Local Area Connection
Properties, the error goes away but when I turn it back on, the error is
still there. I'm not sure this is what you meant by 'remove and install', is
there anything else I should do? It seems the 'Uninstall' option is not
available.

I noticed that when the LAN is actually connected, there is no error (I
usually use a wireless connection).

Rob.

Rob said:
I get the error below when I do an ipconfig. Everything works ok though,
browsing, file sharing etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob.

(PC is an IBM thinkpad running XP SP2)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The operation completed successfully.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unknown media status code.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>

Then I may be right, right click on the LAN connection go to properties look
for the tcp/ip protocol uninstall it reboot the machine and install it again
and give it a try, if it doesn't work then do the same with the wireless
connection and try again, hopefully it will go away, Microsoft has this
problem as unsolved in their forums. Be aware that you may need to
reconfigure again those connections (ip addresses, mask etc, so take note of
its configs). Hope this helps...

--

Rob said:
I get the error below when I do an ipconfig. Everything works ok though,
browsing, file sharing etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob.

(PC is an IBM thinkpad running XP SP2)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The operation completed successfully.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unknown media status code.

C:\Documents and Settings\robert>

Rob

The plot thickens...

Firstly, XP won't let you uninstall tcp/ip as it's part of the core.
However, there is a reset command: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Unfortunately it didn't cure the problem (despite finding lots of bad
regitser keys). The next thing I tried was WinsockXPFix.exe. This half cured
the problem. After a reboot, with the LAN unconnected, the same error
occurs. However, once the cable has been plugged in, the error goes away,
even with the cable disconnected again. Now google desktop is complaining
about the network. I wonder if google was the problem in the first place.

Rob.

Rob said:
[...]

Ok Rob this is my last resource if this doesn't work I don't know what will
do. Try to get lspfix.exe and run it after running again winsockxpfix.exe to
try to fix the stack. I'm ran out of ideas already :(

--

<Anthrax> wrote in message
[...]

David Van Mosselbeen

Ok Rob this is my last resource if this doesn't work I don't know what
will do. Try to get lspfix.exe and run it after running again
winsockxpfix.exe to try to fix the stack. I'm ran out of ideas already :(

Try to temporally desactivate the buil-in Firewall includded in SP2 an try.
Look at the Control Panel for Firewall.

wai2

I have similar problem.

just type ipconfig and press enter works
fine, but when I try [b:4058961396]ipconfig /all[/b:4058961396], it
prompts message on the screen exactly like when you are giving the
wrong option.

I have tried with all options but none of them worked for me. any
idea ?

thanks in advance

* Please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/sixfiles

bobb

Different versions of OS allow different parameters. Just simply do:

IPCONFIG /?

and see what you are allowed.