    My IP who is hosting my website says Microsoft is no longer supporting FP
    Extensions so he doesn't have a server with the FP Extensions loaded on it.
    Is this true or do I need to look for another hosting service?

    PaulR, Jun 17, 2008

  2. On Jun 17, 3:19 pm, PaulR <> wrote:
    > My IP who is hosting my website says Microsoft is no longer supporting FP
    > Extensions so he doesn't have a server with the FP Extensions loaded on it..
    > Is this true or do I need to look for another hosting service?

    My host has also stopped supporting FrontPage. However, if you are
    not using any of the extensions it should not affect you.

    You should do what I'm doing. Look at this as an opportunity to
    become conversant in HTML and (to a lesser extent) in JavaScript and
    rewrite your web without needing FrontPage or other programs.

    Helpful person, Jun 17, 2008

  3. FP is no longer supporting FP server extensions, except for Windows Server
    2003 and Windows Server 2008.

    However, that doesn't mean the ISP has to discontinue using them, unless
    they *choose* to do so.
    --
    Tom [Pepper] Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Tom [Pepper] Willett, Jun 17, 2008
  4. PaulR

    Mike Mueller Guest

    First things first- are you using features that require them?

    MS will be supporting the FPSE for a few more years at least, as they are
    part of Windows 2003. There is a version of the FPSE for Windows 2008 Server
    also. So they will be around for awhile
    Apache servers are another story, and many 'nix/Apache web hosts are not
    offerering the extensions anymore.

    There are many providers that are Win/IIS based, and they may have the FPSE
    available for you. One that I know of off hand is CrystalTech.

    As the other replier stated, you may want to become more familiar with the
    various scripting options to ween yourself from the extensions. IMHO the
    FPSE are restrictive and fragile.

    HTH, Mike

    Mike Mueller, Jun 17, 2008