ip address cant be renewed! HELP!!

Reaction score
ive messed up

bascially i downloaded this 'internet adsl modem booster'

what it did? i doulble clicked on this and it went into command prompt and im sure it messed up my tcp/ip settings

basically i got my router/adslmodel all in one thing connected to my pc through a ethernet port. now when i turn the router on it tells me there is 'limited or no connectvity' and i click repair. it tells me 'your ip address can not be renewed!!!

this is so annoying ivew tried so many things to sort it out. im sure its not my router, cuz im trying that on another pc rite now and its fine. its something to do with my registry settings that thing i downloaded has messed it rite up

my ip address should be 192.168.1.1 and when i type this in internet explorer it would normally go into linksys setup page, but it dont anymore. i i tred pinging this address and it isunreachable,
when i right click my connection the ip adress is 254 xxx something

its like this thing i downloaded has messed up some setting somewhere..

does any1 have advice what can i do?

im really upset about this really getting to me!

any comments or questions fully appreciated!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try rolling back your PCs settings using the "System Restore" function - it should remove anything that the application did (and anything since then). There should also be a "reset" button on the back of your router/modem - unplug it all, press this, wait a bit, and then plug it all back in :)

That should work hopefully :)

Reaction score
system restore!!!! now thats something i didnt think of.
i am going to try that

ive reset my router so many times. it has made no difference.
at this minute system restore seems my only hope:(

thanks for the thought

Reaction score
sorted!!!

system restore done it. i got home today at 7pm it is now 1am!its taken me 6 hours whereas it should have taken 30 mins, i missed eastenders and the bill if it was on tonite!!!
i was on the phone to my friend for 1 hour he was helping me out with the problem and i was doing lots of stuff ie uninstalling /reinstalling.

i spend 5 mins typing my problem out and bingo i get a reply so quick. its 1am now i can get a good nites sleep!!!!!!

thanks Ian! :) appreciate it!

Reaction score
hi open dos box type ipconfig/ all note the space or help insted of all my one would not lend me one after 4 hrs trying i put one in maually :D try unpluging all devices

Last edited:

Ask a Question