Interstate 76 Won't run in XP!

Bruce Deschacht

I have enjoyed playing a game called "Interstate 76" for
a few years now, and I recently decided to reinstall it
after upgrading to Windows XP, so I insert the disk and
try to install, but after I pick all the options, I get a
serious error message, and the install fails, i however
put the installer in Windows 95 compatibility mode and it
runs perfectly, and now, I try to run the game, and for
those of you unfamiliar with this game te sequence goes:

Intro 1
Intro 2
Menu

After the two intros have played, I can either click
Exit, Scenarios (single player) Melee (multiplayer) or
Options, now I can get into the options screen, but not
into the Melee or Scenario, all that happens is the
screen flashes once and returns to windows.

I have tried using every compatibility mode option, but
none of them work, and although I read turning down sound
and graphic acceleration may work, i have tried both and
neither do.

Can anyone help, I seriously want to play this game
again, and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks In Advance
Bruce Deschacht

PS: The available patches don't work either.

Jimmy S.

Hi Bruce,

According to Activision's Support...

Windows XP
This game should work fine in XP as long as you have a supported video card,
sound card, and drivers. Also make sure that you have all of the latest updates for
Windows XP from Microsoft. Go to the Windows Updater and make sure that
you have all of the updates installed.

There are move FAQ's and support articles at:
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi...arch=1&p_search_type=search_nl&p_sort_by=dflt

Let me know if you need any help sorting through that. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I have enjoyed playing a game called "Interstate 76" for
| a few years now, and I recently decided to reinstall it
| after upgrading to Windows XP, so I insert the disk and
| try to install, but after I pick all the options, I get a
| serious error message, and the install fails, i however
| put the installer in Windows 95 compatibility mode and it
| runs perfectly, and now, I try to run the game, and for
| those of you unfamiliar with this game te sequence goes:
|
| Intro 1
| Intro 2
| Menu
|
| After the two intros have played, I can either click
| Exit, Scenarios (single player) Melee (multiplayer) or
| Options, now I can get into the options screen, but not
| into the Melee or Scenario, all that happens is the
| screen flashes once and returns to windows.
|
| I have tried using every compatibility mode option, but
| none of them work, and although I read turning down sound
| and graphic acceleration may work, i have tried both and
| neither do.
|
| Can anyone help, I seriously want to play this game
| again, and any advice would be helpful.
|
| Thanks In Advance
| Bruce Deschacht
|
| PS: The available patches don't work either.

Bruce Deschacht

That don't work, none of there solutions do...Any other advice? Any third
party compatibility programs available?
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Bruce,

According to Activision's Support...

Windows XP
This game should work fine in XP as long as you have a supported video card,
sound card, and drivers. Also make sure that you have all of the latest updates for
Windows XP from Microsoft. Go to the Windows Updater and make sure that
you have all of the updates installed.

There are move FAQ's and support articles at:
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.p
hp?p_sid=bijj538h&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_prod_lvl1=1&p_prod_lvl2=156&p_sear
ch_text=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=search_nl&p_sort_by=dflt

Let me know if you need any help sorting through that. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I have enjoyed playing a game called "Interstate 76" for
| a few years now, and I recently decided to reinstall it
| after upgrading to Windows XP, so I insert the disk and
| try to install, but after I pick all the options, I get a
| serious error message, and the install fails, i however
| put the installer in Windows 95 compatibility mode and it
| runs perfectly, and now, I try to run the game, and for
| those of you unfamiliar with this game te sequence goes:
|
| Intro 1
| Intro 2
| Menu
|
| After the two intros have played, I can either click
| Exit, Scenarios (single player) Melee (multiplayer) or
| Options, now I can get into the options screen, but not
| into the Melee or Scenario, all that happens is the
| screen flashes once and returns to windows.
|
| I have tried using every compatibility mode option, but
| none of them work, and although I read turning down sound
| and graphic acceleration may work, i have tried both and
| neither do.
|
| Can anyone help, I seriously want to play this game
| again, and any advice would be helpful.
|
| Thanks In Advance
| Bruce Deschacht
|
| PS: The available patches don't work either.

Jimmy S.

Hi Bruce,

There are some update/patches listed at: http://xpextras.gamespot.com/
however if the solution from Activision was incomplete, click the tab on
their help page to Ask a Question which one of their techs will answer. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| That don't work, none of there solutions do...Any other advice? Any third
| party compatibility programs available?
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Bruce,
| >
| > According to Activision's Support...
| >
| > Windows XP
| > This game should work fine in XP as long as you have a supported video
| card,
| > sound card, and drivers. Also make sure that you have all of the latest
| updates for
| > Windows XP from Microsoft. Go to the Windows Updater and make sure that
| > you have all of the updates installed.
| >
| > There are move FAQ's and support articles at:
| >
| https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.p
| hp?p_sid=bijj538h&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_prod_lvl1=1&p_prod_lvl2=156&p_sear
| ch_text=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=search_nl&p_sort_by=dflt
| >
| > Let me know if you need any help sorting through that. :)
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | a few years now, and I recently decided to reinstall it
| > | after upgrading to Windows XP, so I insert the disk and
| > | try to install, but after I pick all the options, I get a
| > | serious error message, and the install fails, i however
| > | put the installer in Windows 95 compatibility mode and it
| > | runs perfectly, and now, I try to run the game, and for
| > | those of you unfamiliar with this game te sequence goes:
| > |
| > | Intro 1
| > | Intro 2
| > | Menu
| > |
| > | After the two intros have played, I can either click
| > | Exit, Scenarios (single player) Melee (multiplayer) or
| > | Options, now I can get into the options screen, but not
| > | into the Melee or Scenario, all that happens is the
| > | screen flashes once and returns to windows.
| > |
| > | I have tried using every compatibility mode option, but
| > | none of them work, and although I read turning down sound
| > | and graphic acceleration may work, i have tried both and
| > | neither do.
| > |
| > | Can anyone help, I seriously want to play this game
| > | again, and any advice would be helpful.
| > |
| > | Thanks In Advance
| > | Bruce Deschacht