Internet Explorer

G

Every time I open Internet Explorer, an error message pops up saying "Failed to get data for 'ad.'" After clicking the "ok" button, the program encounters a problem and closes by itself. The model of my computer is Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 with Windows XP Home Edition. Please help!!!

M

Matt Coy

sfgiantsrule24,

Try using Spybot S&D, running a scan, and removing spyware that is detected.

http://safer-networking.org

--
=============================================
Matt Coy, MCSE
Microsoft Aficionado
Associate Expert
Expert Zone -
=============================================

sfgiantsrule24 said:
Every time I open Internet Explorer, an error message pops up saying
"Failed to get data for 'ad.'" After clicking the "ok" button, the program
encounters a problem and closes by itself. The model of my computer is
Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 with Windows XP Home Edition. Please help!!!

G

i have removed all the spyware i can, with the exception of SpyBlast. I tried uninstalling it with the following instructions: Open the Downloaded Program Files folder in the Windows folder, right-click the entry 'SBFullInst Control' and choose 'Remove'. Next, open the registry (click 'Start', choose 'Run' and enter 'regedit') and find the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Delete the 'SpyBlast' entry. Restart the computer and you should be able to delete the 'SpyBlast' folder inside Program Files. I have located the file in the given file but my computer says that it is being used by another program. What program could be using it and are those instructions valid

Ask a Question