Internet Explorer System 32

I am having a problems with Windows XP Home Edition - Internet Explorer.
Every time I try to access a web site - i get a message saying Page
Unavailable - and the following error -
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm Have no idea what this
message means, but have to use another computer to send this question to you.
Please explain this message and how to fix it.

Don Varnau

Hi,
This is probably being caused by third party programs- malware/parasites.

From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party
browser extensions." That might allow IE to work.
You should re-enable browser extensions after the cleanup.

You might also be able to browse and download programs from the address bar
of Windows Explorer.

Download and run Run CWShredder from
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.exe CWShredder will fit on a
floppy disk- it could be downloaded from another machine.

Next, if possible, download and run Ad-aware SE from
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ Ad-aware SE is about 2.5 MB- it
could be put on a CD or Zip disk.

Then, if possible, download and run Spybot Search & Destroy from
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=spybotsd Spybot is about 3.5
MB.

Security tips and other useful information at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
The Parasite Fight- Quickfix http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"janehawkes[at]hotmail.com.(donotspam)" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This is probably being caused by third party programs- malware/parasites.

From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party
[...]

OK - Tried all of the above, but still won't work. I have no virus, no ad aware and spy bot removed everything harmful, unchecked the box, bt still cannot get any page to load on IE. I can use Netscape, but not IE. Would like to restore my computer, but my grandson has Diablo 2 Expansion pack and a game in progress and I don't know how to back up the game, so I hesitate to do a restore until I can find out how to back up this game. Perhaps there is another solution to my problem..... I hesitate to call Microsoft as there is such a high charge.
Jane

I have same issue after installing the spyware program from webroot.com. The
problem is that some of the AD images can not display properly in IE6. When
open that empty image properties, it will show the shdoclc.dll trying to
something but it was't work. Normally, I see the IE status bar trying to
connect 127.0.0.1 (local) then try to call that shdoclc.dll file. I have try
re-install the .NETframework, however, I screw up that .NET framework neither
re-install not remove it.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This is probably being caused by third party programs- malware/parasites.

From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party
[...]

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Blue said:
I have same issue after installing the spyware program from
webroot.com. The problem is that some of the AD images can not
display properly in IE6. When open that empty image properties, it
will show the shdoclc.dll trying to something but it was't work.
Normally, I see the IE status bar trying to connect 127.0.0.1 (local)
then try to call that shdoclc.dll file. I have try re-install the
.NETframework, however, I screw up that .NET framework neither
re-install not remove it.

Check for a file named HOSTS with no extension (not Hosts.sam). It may be a
hidden file. Open it with Notepad and remove any line referencing the site.
Or, rename HOSTS to OLDHOSTS

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Where did you post your HijackThis log?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"(e-mail address removed).(donotspam)"
Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This is probably being caused by third party programs-
malware/parasites.

From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable
third party

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This is probably being caused by third party programs- malware/parasites.

From Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party
[...]

- - - -
ad aware and spy bot removed everything harmful, unchecked the box, bt still
cannot get any page to load on IE. I can use Netscape, but not IE. Would
like to restore my computer, but my grandson has Diablo 2 Expansion pack and
a game in progress and I don't know how to back up the game, so I hesitate
to do a restore until I can find out how to back up this game. Perhaps
there is another solution to my problem..... I hesitate to call Microsoft as
there is such a high charge.
- - - -
Hi,

WinsockXP Fix- WinXP http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
Also, with instructions, at http://www.iup.edu/house/resnet/winfix.shtm

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Sandi - Microsoft MVP

For advice specific to problems with secure sites, have a look at the first
link - for general advice, have a look at the second:

http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#secure_sites
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#dns

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure advice remains current
Visit the Internet Explorer Online Community:

"(e-mail address removed).(donotspam)"