Internet Explorer Loses Connection after about an hour

Reaction score
After about an hour my internet explorer says "Page cannot be displayed" for every site i try to go to, i recently reformatted, im using Windows XP professional and i have SP1 installed and Panda Software 2004 anti-virus, and i have no firewalls, and im using Internet Explorer 6, can anyone help me out?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Who is your ISP (internet service provider)

How do you connect ... dial-up, cable?

What modem?

Please note;
Not using a Firewall is asking for trouble ... at least turn on XPs own firewall, it will not/should not stop you accessing the Net.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
it will not/should not stop you accessing the Net.
lol

it's like walking on egg shells, eh mucks!

never say never or never assume as you could/should be wrong!

Reaction score
Hyori,

when you say internet explorer loses it's connection (or appears to) has your connection to the net been terminated?

START-> CONTROL PANEL-> NETWORK CONECTIONS -> HAVE A GOOSEY AT YOUR CONNECTION!

and yes "goosey" IS a technical term along with "buggered" and "knackered"

J

Reaction score
I use Telus DSL and my modem is a D-Link DSL-300G ADSL modem, my internet isnt terminated just the internet explorer stops working, but my MSN and other things work.

Reaction score
most likely spyware havin a laugh, download, update, and run the following tools they'll remove and nasty spyware/adware/malware that may be lurking in your system.

Here & Here (cheers for the links mucks)

also visit here for the latest critical security updates for windows and especially IE. (thanks Bill for that link)

James

Reaction score
Techy said:
most likely spyware havin a laugh, download, update, and run the following tools they'll remove and nasty spyware/adware/malware that may be lurking in your system.

Here & Here (cheers for the links mucks)

also visit here for the latest critical security updates for windows and especially IE. (thanks Bill for that link)

James
hey thx for ur reply i did all that, and its still doing it -_-..

Reaction score
try going into internet options and resetting defaults.

then try going to C:\WINDOWS\inf\ and right click on nettcpip.inf then click install. reboot and try again.

failing that download mozilla firefox and see if it's any better. if not then i'd be reinstalling windows.

James

Reaction score
You have recommended Adaware and Spyware blaster, what do you think of Spybot S & D?

I have uninstalled it and using your recommendations but forgot to undo the changes, let;s hope my system doesn't hang!

muckshifter

Reaction score
SS&D is fine ... but if your not careful, or don't set it up correctly, you can do some damage. I prefer to "advertise" Ad-aware, i've never known it to do any damage. ;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
SS&D is fine ... but if your not careful, or don't set it up correctly, you can do some damage. I prefer to "advertise" Ad-aware, i've never known it to do any damage. ;)
yep, second that.

Reaction score
ok well i reinstalled windows cuz nothing else worked and for the first 2 days it worked fine, and now it started doing it again its REALLY getting on my nerves

muckshifter

Reaction score
Hmmm, not to good, I see a few other people having this sort of problem with ADSL, wish I could pinpoint what it is. :(

I had the same problem here on the "workshop" computer, was "cured" by replacing the modem ... but here I'm talking Dial-up.
:confused:

Ask a Question