Internet Explorer Crash

Reaction score
hi everyone,

As the title says i need help, let me just say first that i am not very computer literate which is probably how i got myself into this mess but recently iv been having major problems with my vaio, the computer froze then crashed and i had problems even getting it to start up but after a lot of guessing and a hell of a lot of luck i managed to get it to start up again, but now it is running quite slow and i am having problems with the internet, i am using both ie and mozilla firefox and when i open certain websites (my favourite online game being one of them
1-upset.gif
) it makes whichever client i am using crash then restart, i have ran every scan i know of, iv done the disk check thing, iv uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and ie and i am now completely out of ideas, the only thing i have is a problem report, i was just hoping someone on here might of seen this problem before,

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Fault Module Name: MLANG.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a6e1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00008d01
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

if anyone can help please let me know what to do because it's really annoying me now lol,

thank you in advance to any advice giver

Reaction score
Hiya
happywave.gif

First of all have you done a scan with 1 Anti-virus? have you done a scan with 2 Anti spyware?

If not>
Run Anti virus Here

Run Anti spyware Here

Then run Spybot Here

Finally run ccleaner Here

Last edited:
Reaction score
so far i have ran avast scanner, every scan i can find already on the computer like all the startup scans, i have run spybot and ccleaner, spybot is the only thing that found anything it found a trojan and quite a lot of adware since deleting them things have gotten a little worse no to use the internet at all i have to disable shockwave flash object or the browser stops working and shuts down straight away, i have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the adobe things (flash player, shockwave and adobe reader) and it made no diference, also even with this new problem the error report is the same, this makes no sense to me whatsoever,
thanks for your time btw

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey,

If its crashing and restarting and you have to enable and disable things to try and get it to work then i would either get it repaired if its under warranty, or do a fresh install of the Operating System you are using and completely reformat the hard drive.

But don't do it just yet as that is a last resort really, others on here will have other advice, will probably be tomorrow considering the hour.

Also whatever spec you can give will help,

What Operating System, XP, Vista?? Laptop or PC??? Processor, Memory etc?

Reaction score
it's a sony vaio laptop with vista home premium, processor: t5250, supports enhanced intel speedstep technology. 1.50ghz, memory: 2 gb/go ddr2 sdram (2x1gb/go)(667mhz) hdd:200 gb/go.
idk if thats what your after as i said im not very good with computer language to me that was all gibberish but it what it says on the sticker on my comp and it looked like what you are after

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Its good that you have Vista as this means more options to help.

Good first you need to try to reset the default settings on Internet Explorer, open it up and look for tools, top right hand side, click on it, then click on INTERNET OPTIONS at the bottom, you will get a new page with 7 tabs across the top, you want ADVANCED, now look for RESET, click it, then click APPLY, then OK.

Now try and start Internet Explorer?

If no joy then try this as well.

Okay, have you heard of system restore???

Basically at certain dates/times the PC will take a snapshot of the settings it uses to run Vista and Programs and keeps it safe, so if anything goes wrong later you can go back to these settings when it all ran smooth. Hopefully, fingers crossed. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't.

Okay so, click on your start menu button - then control panel - then look for Backup and restore centre - double click.

You then have two options, pick the one that says in blue writing

"use system restore to repair or undo changes to windows"

Just follow the instructions and pick the EARLIEST date possible, if it fails, then keep trying different dates.

Let me know how you get on.

Reaction score
i have tried both of them to no avail, i think it's my own fault but the only system restore save point is since iv had these problems so it just restores me to an earlier point of these troubles lol

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh great, is it still under warranty??

Do you have a Vista DVD that came with the laptop??? as you can insert that and do a full repair of Vista with that.

Reaction score
im not sure about a warranty as it was bought for me as a present around 10-11 months ago, and i cant find the vista disk im not even sure if it came with one, if it did i lent it to a friend by accident instead of the microsoft office disk (i know, i am a dissorganised idiot lol) but we have 2other computers in the house one of them is on vista aswel and the other is a mac so im looking for any other disk i could use as a worst case scenario backup rite now

Reaction score
Scouse what was the Trojan called that you found..Let me know..The anti Virus you used might have found it and told you it had been removed, but the joy of some trojans is it takes a lot more than running an anti virus to cure a trojan..In effect the trojan may still be alive and running in your computer..

Reaction score
i cant remember the exact name but it was something like zbod not exactly sure but i know it bagan with a z lol

Reaction score
i cant find the log but in the restore section it only tells me the name of the adware i also found which was zango but no mention of the trojan

Reaction score
Super cool, will go have a little look around and see what I can find, will post back in a bit...

Ask a Question