Internal Compiler Error mscl.cpp line 2701

Darren Martz

Compiler: msvc 7.1
AppType: console
OS: WinXP Pro

I now get this "Internal Compiler Error mscl.cpp line 2701" message when I
build a specific project and cannot figure out why.

It was compiling fine, then I changed a resource text value and it started
complaining. I changed the code but it didn't matter, it now continually
complains.

I performed a "clean" then "recompile" without any joy.

1) the code compiles just fine in release build but not debug????? what's up
with that?

2) the settings are identical except for optimizations and other debugger
related settings

3) the compiler always fails compiling the precompiled header (stdafx.cpp)

4) the compiler even fails compiling an empty stdafx.cpp and stdafx.h
file????

This really doesn't make sense. Anybody have any ideas?

Darren Martz

I should add that I am not using classes, templates, or namespaces in this
project.

The code is written entirely in "C" with some in "c" files and others in
"cpp" files.

"Darren Martz" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Darren Martz

I turned off the compiler option "Enable Minimal Rebuild" and it all worked
again????

This is really bizzare since a "clean" then "build" didn't make a
difference.

I guess its resolved, but I really have no clue why.