    an unending loop that never comes to completion. When I click START, then
    CONTROL PANEL, then INDEXING OPTIONS, it says Indexing is not running. I
    have XP on my laptop, I'm running Outlook 2007. Help please.

    Scooter, Mar 19, 2008

  2. Start with the basic troubleshooting for Instant Search:
    http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Mar 19, 2008

  3. Scooter

    vandanag.net

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Solution ! just need to scan your pst - file for errors with scanpst.exe

    First let us check if the pst-file has been marked to be indexed. To do this go to Tools-> Options-> Search Options… In the Indexing section you can select which data file to index.

    If it has been marked but Outlook doesn’t display the correct results, this usually means there is some corruption going on in your pst-file.In order to fix these you should scan your pst-file for errors with scanpst.exe (you can find this in the same folder as outlook.exe or use OutlookTools[http://www.howto-outlook.com/products/outlooktools.htm] (free!) to locate it for you).

    I just run the scanpst.exe file defined by outlook tool, it solves my problem truely.

    NOTE : Just make sure that your indexing services are running. If not then go to Control panel --> turn on/off --> start your indexing services

    vandanag.net, Dec 17, 2008
  4. Scooter

    garrypark

    Joined: