Install of Windows XP upgrade blocked

G

I am trying to upgrade my Windows 98SE computer to Windows XP. When I start the upgrade-install of Windows XP, the Windows XP install program checks my computer for programs that will block the Windows XP install, before Windows XP is installed. In the report of that checking process, I received a message on the screen that GoBack has to be uninstalled before the Windows XP upgrade-install process can continue. However, before trying to install Windows XP, I had already uninstalled GoBack in the add/remove programs list in the Control Panel and then rebooted my computer. At that point, GoBack no longer appeared in teh add/remove programs list. Yet, I still receive the message during the install of Windows XP that GoBack needs to be uninstalled. Also, after uninstalling GoBack, I checked the registry for any GoBack entries but I couldn't find any of them. Perhaps I missed some.
Since I already uninstalled GoBack from the add/remove programs list in the Control Panel, what else do I need to do, so that GoBack does not block my upgrade installation of Windows XP?
Thanks.
Richard Hirschman

Ask a Question