Inserting Web song to pps/ppt not htm

I wanted to make pps file smaller for eMail uses by using my own uploaded music.
I don't want to embed nor making HTM file -- maybe stream? I'm using PowerPoint-xp
or 2002 version.

Any good suggestion?
TIA!

tohlz

You can make use of the Windows Media Player control.
Open the presentation, click VIew > Toolbars > Control Toolbox.
Click on the last icon - "More Controls".
Scroll down to the bottom, click Windows Media Player.
Click and drag it onto the slide.
Right click on the control, select Properties.
Select Custom.
Click on the Browse button denoted by 3 dots.
Enter the url of the music.
Ok your way out.
--
Shawn Toh (tohlz)
Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

Site Updated: Feb 20, 2008
(Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
http://pptheaven.mvps.org
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

Thank You Very Much -- Shawn! I could play music ONLY for first Slides and then it stop ;o(
My *More Controls* were hidden more deeper in the menu. I'll post my route for other interested
party:

Open the presentation, click View > Toolbars > Customize.
If Command tab is ready, find Control Toolbox and click it > find More Controls at right windows >
click it and drag it to PPT Menu area > drop it ONLY when the small square box indicated [+]
and if [x] means NO GOOD (find another spot to drop) > close the Customize window.
Click the new Hammer & Range X-Icon named *More Controls* > find Window Media Player at
bottom and click it > a *+* (cross-hair pointer) appears > click at outer of Slide #1 Picture
Holder > Right click Media Player Icon and choose Properties > In either Alphabetic or Categorized
tabs click Custom and click the [...] > in General tab type-in Music URL or Browse for it > more
choices are given to tweak but all already fine > Apply & OK > close Properties windows.

Yes, long routes but I found it ;o)

YES! It's work but music stop on 2nd Slides -- no more music ;o(
I even tweaked it to Play Count for 100 --- still no good.
Please direct me again to accomplish for our mutual satisfaction ;o)
I knew we almost hit the Jackpot ;o)

--Rino

Hi Shawn,
I'm waiting for more input and good suggestions. Please say something so I know where we at or have
we reached the end of the line? I really wish we can tweak similar to these:

1. Right-click the sound's Icon and pick Custom Animation from the popup menu. The Custom Animation
pane will open and your sound file should be listed.
2. Click the arrow directly to the right of the sound Icon to pull down the various options.
3. Select Effect Options, and on the Effects tab, click the radio button beside Stop Playing after XXX
slides. Put 999 in the box so the track will play throughout all your slides, even if you go back and forth
among slides. PPT considers each transition a "slide," so you want to put a large number in there.
4. Now check the settings in the Timing tab. To play automatically, the timing should be set to Start After
Previous with a 0-second delay. Click OK to close the dialog box.

The software programmers did not put much useful options for us. Could this post a first one ever?
Is there a PPT Add-In's or other things that can help us solve my problem of using Web music link
to ppt or ppt files? This will surely make our presentation or shows very small in files size for faster
in sending and viewing.

I have already tried distributing presentations via CD, USB flash drive, eMail and HTML. For quality
Custom Animation shows + 4 songs long I found sending via eMail is the best medium if we can hit
the Jackpot for continuous and non-stop playing of music.

Thanks for your kind helps and much concerns.
--Rino

tohlz said:
You can make use of the Windows Media Player control.
Open the presentation, click VIew > Toolbars > Control Toolbox.
Click on the last icon - "More Controls".
Scroll down to the bottom, click Windows Media Player.
Click and drag it onto the slide.
Right click on the control, select Properties.
Select Custom.
Click on the Browse button denoted by 3 dots.
Enter the url of the music.
Ok your way out.
--
Shawn Toh (tohlz)
Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

Site Updated: Feb 20, 2008
(Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
http://pptheaven.mvps.org
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

tohlz

I don't think it's possible to play through multiple slides if you are
intending to make use of the windows media player control and stream the
music from the web. Instead of streaming the music, you can go about
compressing the music file (you can google for such programs) so that the
size is smaller. Also, have a look at:
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/embed_mp3.html
--

tohlz said:
You can make use of the Windows Media Player control.
Open the presentation, click VIew > Toolbars > Control Toolbox.
Click on the last icon - "More Controls".
Scroll down to the bottom, click Windows Media Player.
Click and drag it onto the slide.
Right click on the control, select Properties.
Select Custom.
Click on the Browse button denoted by 3 dots.
Enter the url of the music.
Ok your way out.
--
Shawn Toh (tohlz)
Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

Site Updated: Feb 20, 2008
(Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
http://pptheaven.mvps.org
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

:

Hi,
I wanted to make pps file smaller for eMail uses by using my own uploaded music.
I don't want to embed nor making HTM file -- maybe stream? I'm using PowerPoint-xp
or 2002 version.

Any good suggestion?
TIA!

Hi Shawn,
Thanks 4 D link -- to embed this new 'BIG' project is still very BIG. Publish to Web is the best
but all Custom Animation using WordArt text always show delayed. I used to Stream my sounds
in FrontPage and Outlook Express -- very easy if we can *open* our PPT HTML mode or windows.
I Google PPT Add-Ins and VBA but found none to take out the PPT internal switch-off action
of sound.

I have a strong feeling smart software programmers will pick up this useful leads and come out
with a VBA fix.

How long shall we crossed our fingers or prays?
--Rino