Inserting more than one song

t-4-2

PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back to
the 1st one ?
t-4-2

Echo S

t-4-2 said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back to
the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this in a
sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta version. I
haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm sure v1.2.6 will
do what you need.)

t-4-2

OK. Will give it a try and inform you of the progress later.
t-4-2

Echo S said:
t-4-2 said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back
to the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this in
a sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta version.
I haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm sure v1.2.6
will do what you need.)

t-4-2

Call me dumb.
I downloaded the audacity 1.2.6.
I can't figure out how to combine multiple songs into one track.
I opened File > New > then what ? I couldn't get 2 songs combined.
Please advise.
t-4-2

Echo S said:
t-4-2 said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back
to the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this in
a sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta version.
I haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm sure v1.2.6
will do what you need.)

Echo S

Open a song, select all, copy. Open another, put your cursor at the end,
paste. Or something along those lines. I don't have Audacity handy to look
at it.

I suspect this is also covered in the Help files for Audacity.

Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14

Echo S said:
t-4-2 said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back
to the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this in
a sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta
version. I haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm
sure v1.2.6 will do what you need.)

Echo S

Or try this:

http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5519

Or this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Songs-on-Your-Computer

Or this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=audacity+combine+tracks&aq=0&oq=audacity+combine+&aqi=g7

Echo S said:
t-4-2 said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back
to the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this in
a sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta
version. I haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm
sure v1.2.6 will do what you need.)

t-4-2

The article explains how to put multiple songs into one MP3 file on a
computer, with Audacity.
1. Download and install Audacity, a sound manipulation program.
2, Load Audacity.
3. Open the songs you want to combine.
4. Select (highlight) the waves you see in the second song.
5. Go to Edit - Copy (or press CTRL-C)
6. Position your cursor after the waves you see in the first song.
7. Go to "Edit - Paste" (or press CTRL-V)
8. Go to "File - Export as MP3".
9. Fill in the fields (this is optional).
10. Wait until it is complete.

Step #4 : What ? I have not even imported the 1st song ????
I can drag/drop 1st song, and see the " waves " of the 1st song. Then what ?
Step #5 and 7, Copy and Paste are greyed out no matter what I do.

This is confusing !
t-4-2

Echo S said:
PowerPoint 2007 ( trial version ), Vista Home Premium SP1
Is there a way to insert more than one song in the file ?
If yes, can they be played from 1st song to the last, and " loop " back
to the 1st one ?

I would combine the songs into one sound track, t-4-2. You can do this
in a sound editor. Audacity is a good free one. Download it here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (I'd go with 1.2.6, not the beta
version. I haven't tried the beta -- it might be just fine -- but I'm
sure v1.2.6 will do what you need.)

Echo S

That's what I was trying to explain at first, but I couldn't remember if
that's how it worked or not. Thanks, Brian.

Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14

Try this:

Open the second song in Audacity
Edit - Copy (or Ctrl-C)
Open first song (this opens a new Audacity)
Place Cursor at end of waveform display
Edit - Paste (or Ctrl-V)

Clean up the join and save as you wish.

Brian.

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

Echo S said:
[...]

I'm afraid you both had overlooked this :" ......Copy and Paste are greyed
out no matter what I do."
Perhaps, explain " Open the second song in Audacity ". How do I do that. I
might have been wrong starting from step one.
Here is what I did :
Open Audacity *** remember, Copy and Paste are grayed out at any stage ***
Project > Import Audio > select my 1st song, click Open > waveforms now on
the audacity
Put curser at the end of the 1st waveforms >now what is the next step ? If I
repeat the steps, both waveforms overlap each other.
P.S. The Help section of Audacity is no help. I looked before I came back
for help.
t-4-2

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

Echo S said:
[...]

Lucy Thomson

Hi

Once you have imported both the tracks you can copy/paste the 2nd one at the
end of the 1st one, then delete the 2nd track. I've done a wee video here:
http://screencast.com/t/iTsOWrTtG

I'm not sure if that is the 'right' way to do it, but it works :)

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

t-4-2 said:
I'm afraid you both had overlooked this :" ......Copy and Paste are greyed
out no matter what I do."
Perhaps, explain " Open the second song in Audacity ". How do I do that. I
might have been wrong starting from step one.
Here is what I did :
Open Audacity *** remember, Copy and Paste are grayed out at any stage
***

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

[...]

Come on, people. I repeatedly said " both Copy and Paste are grayed out at
any stage ".
Drag and Drop is the only way I have.
t-4-2

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

[...]

Once you have selected (by clicking and dragging over the portion of the
file you want to copy) is copy still greyed out? Have you tried doing
exactly the same as in the short video I posted and if so at what point are
you having problems?

And please remember that we are all volunteers who are only trying to help
you.

Lucy

--

t-4-2 said:
I'm afraid you both had overlooked this :" ......Copy and Paste are
greyed out no matter what I do."
Perhaps, explain " Open the second song in Audacity ". How do I do that.
I might have been wrong starting from step one.
Here is what I did :
Open Audacity *** remember, Copy and Paste are grayed out at any stage
***
Project > Import Audio > select my 1st song, click Open > waveforms now
on the audacity
Put curser at the end of the 1st waveforms >now what is the next step ?
If I repeat the steps, both waveforms overlap each other.
P.S. The Help section of Audacity is no help. I looked before I came
back for help.
t-4-2

in message

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

[...]

I apologize for my lack of patience and mannerism. It was uncalled for. I am
sorry.
I'll watch your video tutorial a few more times. It will come to me. Thank
you very much.
t-4-2

Lucy Thomson said:
[...]

<[email protected]>

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

[...]

Yes, I can now combine 2 songs in one soundtrack.
One HUGE problem ....... a 1.00MB( .wav ) + a 1.25MB( .wav ) have turned
into a 13 MB .wav soundtrack. That is madness.
It's no good for PowerPoint presentation even I do have software to optimize
the file. Most music are quite a bit larger than 1MB .
My PP presentations are to be e-mailed. Attachment size is important.
Thank you for your help.
t-4-2

*From:* "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
*Date:* Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:49:37 -0400

[...]

Perhaps try asking at the audacity forum:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/index.php

Lucy