Inserting a video file

Is an .mov file a streaming audio/video file? I have it on the website now
and it's taking forever to load. If not, do I have to convert to a streaming
audio file type?

Thanks,
Beverly

Trevor L.

Just to add to he confusion, I have embedded a .mov file in my web. I
followed the instructions for HTTP streaming and it does not play at all.

Perhaps it is downloading but takes too long for anything to happen.
Whatever, all I get is the QuickTime symbol and that's all. On my local web,
it works perfectly

Dean Collins

Trevor, does your server allow serving of mov files? (I had a similar
problem with my iis server not allowing .pkr files to be served (pgp) . I
needed to log in to iis and modify it to allow it to recognise the pkr file.

Why did you decide not to convert it to a .mpg file?

Cheers,
Dean

Trevor L.

Interesting questions

I don't know whether the server allows .mov files. I have sent some queries
to them by email - I don't think I asked this, though.

I know nothing about IIS. Is it used by the server or client?

I could try .mpg, I thought .mov was fairly universal (QuickTime players are
usually installed) and I didn't know what size the different formats were.
Is .mov smaller or bigger than .mpg. The movie is only about 1 minute.

Thomas A. Rowe

You can not count on a PC have a specific 3rd Party Media Player.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

So I downloaded Media Player 10 because I thought it was going to convert
..avi to .wmv for me, but it didn't. Now, I can't even open the .avi file
with Media Player. Does anyone know how to convert .avi to .wmv? Do I have
to purchase a separate software? I looked on google and all I can seem to
find are softwares I have to purchase.

Thanks,
Beverly

Thomas A. Rowe

See:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0065.aspx
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Thomas,

I downloaded Microsoft's Media Encoder and here is the error I got when
trying to convert an .avi file to .wmv:

One or more codecs required to open this content could not be found.
(OxC00D1B83). Do you have any idea why this won't work? The info on
Microsoft's page said it would convert .avi to .wmv.

Thanks!
Beverly

Thomas A. Rowe

You need to post to the Windows Media Newsgroup, as this is not a FP related issue.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Mike Mueller

Possible a divx codec may have been used when encoded

"Beverly-Texas" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
: Thomas,
: