    How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
    so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
    pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

    jontimber, Feb 16, 2010

  2. jontimber

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For
    example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2.

    To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9
    to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use
    Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9.

    Note that table calculations are easier if you make use of an embedded Excel
    spreadsheet.

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Feb 16, 2010

  3. jontimber

    macropod Guest

    Hi jontimber,

    To see how to do a wide range of calculations in Word, whether using tables or otherwise, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial,
    at:
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
    or
    http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party