Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Jun 28, 2006.

    How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show people
    where to cut off a section of a document?

    Guest, Jun 28, 2006

  2. There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find
    it.

    Okay - this is frustrating. I know how to do it with Publisher but doing it
    with Word is different. It wants to limit adding the line art as a page or
    section border but then you can't just grab the corner and make it fit
    whatever you want. Maybe if it was surrounding a text box?

    ( Can you tell I use Publisher more often for doing "fancy stuff"? Much,
    much easier...at least for me.)

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jun 28, 2006

  3. There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jun 28, 2006
  4. You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

    Sara E. Alers, Jun 28, 2006
  5. You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

    Sara E. Alers, Jun 28, 2006

    2 Steps: you're going to insert a scissors symbol and draw a line:
    Scissors: In a text box: INSERT >> SYMBOL >> (select Wingdings as font and
    pick your scissors and click on Insert button).

    For line: draw a line and then right click, select EDIT AUTOSHAPE >> DASHED
    LINES >> (and change weight)

    Guest, Jun 28, 2006

    Guest, Jun 28, 2006