    do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Ken

    kjk, Feb 16, 2004

  2. kjk

    Malev Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:09 -0500, kjk <> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >Does anybody know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
    >of envelopes. I periodically need to print a lot of envelopes with
    >the same address. I know that there are specialized high speed
    >envelope printers specifically for this purpose, but they're very
    >expensive. I don't need high speed, so a normal inkjet rpinter would
    >do the job, even if I have to refill the envelopes quite a few times.
    >Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    It's much faster to print labels and stick them to the envelopes.

    Malev, Feb 16, 2004

  3. kjk

    Mavrick Guest

    But more professional to print directly on them.

    Mavrick, Feb 17, 2004
  4. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:43:46 GMT, Mavrick wrote:

    =>But more professional to print [addresses] directly on [envelopes].

    I suggest that you ask a local print shop to do it for you.
    By the time you factor in all costs (envelopes, ink,
    labour), you may well think the premium for eliminating the
    hassle factor to be money well spent.

    Eg, we had a local printer do a blank greeting card with
    two-colour design on front, plus envelope w/ return
    address, cost almost exactly 30 cents (Can) per card +
    envelope in quantity 1000. Delivery and taxes included.
    Printing in house would have cost about 15 cents for the
    cardstock and envelopes, plus the ink, plus the labour.
    Just not worth it.

    --
    Wolf Kirchmeir
    If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on the train?

    Wolf Kirchmeir, Feb 17, 2004
  5. kjk

    Gary Tait Guest

    wrote:

    >But more professional to print directly on them.

    More professional to have them printed by a shop too.

    A label isn't that bad, really.

    Gary Tait, Feb 17, 2004
  6. kjk

    kjk Guest

    Now that I know all the pros and cons of printing labels vs printing
    envelopes vs using a professional print shop, does anybody . . .

    kjk, Feb 17, 2004
  7. kjk

    Bill Guest

    kjk wrote:

    >Now that I know all the pros and cons of printing labels vs printing
    >envelopes vs using a professional print shop, does anybody . . .
    >
    >>know which inkjet printers may hold the greatest number
    >>of envelopes.

    Hahaha...I like that...back on topic.

    I don't think it really matters since it's a numbers marketing game with
    the various manufacturers.

    I suggest you just get the model printer you want, and stuff in a dozen
    envelopes at a time and have at it. That's what I do for my minimal
    needs...

    Bill, Feb 18, 2004
  8. kjk

    kiki