Inherited members not appear in intellisense

Discussion in 'Microsoft VB .NET' started by Antonio, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Hi,

    I have an abstract ClassA in ProjectA:
    Public MustInherit Class ClassA
    :
    End Class

    I inherit ClassA on ClassB from ProjectB:
    Public Class ClassB
    Inherits ProjectA.ClassA

    :
    End Class

    I instantiate ClassB in ProjectC as follow:

    Imports ProjectB

    Public Class ClassC
    Dim objB As New ClassB

    objB. ' <-- Members in ClassA not appearing.
    :
    :
    End Class

    Anybody knows what is happening here? Thanks.

    Regards,
    Antonio

    Antonio, Jan 22, 2007

  2. "Antonio" <> schrieb
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an abstract ClassA in ProjectA:
    > Public MustInherit Class
    > ClassA
    > :
    > End Class
    >
    > I inherit ClassA on ClassB from ProjectB:
    > Public Class ClassB
    > Inherits ProjectA.ClassA
    >
    > :
    > End Class
    >
    > I instantiate ClassB in ProjectC as follow:
    >
    > Imports ProjectB
    >
    > Public Class ClassC
    > Dim objB As New ClassB
    >
    > objB. ' <-- Members in ClassA not appearing. :
    > :
    > End Class
    >
    > Anybody knows what is happening here? Thanks.

    VB 2003 or 2005? Are the members declared Public? Note that "Dim" means
    "Private" at this location. What if you type the name manually - can it be
    compiled or is the member not found? In ProjectB, does intellisense find the
    member?

    I have tried it in VB 2005 and it worked (Public member as ...)

    Armin

    Armin Zingler, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Hi,

    This problem has been resolved. The solution:

    1. Remove ProjectA.dll reference from ProjectC.
    2. On ProjectC properties page, add back the ProjectA reference.

    Thanks.

    Antonio

    Antonio, Jan 22, 2007
  4. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    VS2005 on .NET Framework 2.0. All members declared as Public, both base
    class (ProjectA) and derived class (ProjectB).
    Thanks.

    Antonio

    Antonio, Jan 23, 2007