    to do either one. I ran spy bot and Norton virus scan and neither pick up
    the folder as a problem.

    Can anyone tell how I can removed/ delete this folder.

    Guest, May 22, 2005

    Try booting up in safe mode, this may prevent any unwanted services loading
    and hopefully allow you to delete the folder.

    Guest, May 22, 2005

    I have tried and the same problem exists.

    Guest, May 22, 2005

    Bob Harris Guest

    The folder might be infected, just corrupted.

    So, first try ixing the file system, just in case that is the root problem.

    Open a command prompt and type "CHKDSK C: /R" without the quotes. Hit
    return, then type "Y" without quotes when it asks if you want to do this
    during the next reboot. Reboot. CHKDSK should find/fx file system errors,
    including directory errors. This variation of CHKDSK may run up to an hour,
    so be patient.

    After running CHKDSK, if you still have troubles with this folder, then
    attack it from outside of XP. The simplest way to do this would be to run
    the XP recovery console, form the XP CDROM, or from the multi-loppy set
    (free download from Microsoft).

    However, by default the recovery console limits what you can do, so before
    entering it I recommend that you do the following:

    Run REGEDIT and change two things that appear on the same page:

    Start à Run à Regedit

    Navigate to

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Setup\RecoveryConsole

    Set the DWORD SecurityLevel value to 1

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Setup\
    RecoveryConsole

    Set the DWORD SetCommand value to 1

    Then, once you get into the recovery console, type the following command:

    SET ALLOWALLPATHS = TRUE
    This will allow you to navigate to anywhere on the PC, not just the windows
    system area.

    By the way, the security level registry hack will skip the need to know the
    administrator password to enter the recovery console.

    Bob Harris, May 22, 2005

    Thanks. It was a disk problem, although I couldn't use C prompt I finally
    figured it out through some other quieries.

    Guest, May 24, 2005