index.htm page changed to index.html when uploading

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Guest, Apr 20, 2005.

    Every time I publish my websites the index page extension is changed from
    ..htm to index.html. How do I stop this from happening?

    Guest, Apr 20, 2005

  2. The best approach is to rename your local index.htm to index.html and
    republish.

    --
    ~ Kathleen Anderson
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage], Apr 20, 2005

  3. When you publish to a server that has the FP extensions, the publishing process will automatically
    rename your default document (home page) to what is required on the live/remote server and update
    all hyperlinks.

    WebMaster Resources(tm)
    http://www.ycoln-resources.com
    FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
    If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
    a Service Pack or security update, please contact
    Microsoft Product Support Services:
    http://support.microsoft.com
    If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
    security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

    Thomas A. Rowe, Apr 20, 2005

    This is just something new that started happening a couple of months now, it
    never happened for over 2 years since 2003 came out. For me to do that I
    would have to recreate the menus for 5 websites. Isn't there a fix for this??

    Guest, Apr 20, 2005
  5. How did you create your menus?

    Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage], Apr 20, 2005