Independent Games Festival 2019 finalists

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The finalists for the Independent Games Festival 2019 have been announced - I've not played any of them but some sound intriguing!

Here's the full list: http://www.igf.com/article/2019-independent-games-festival-reveals-years-finalists

These are the contenders for the grand prize:

"Minit is a peculiar little adventure played sixty seconds at a time. Journey outside the comfort of your home to help unusual folk, uncover countless secrets, and overcome dangerous foes, all in hopes of lifting a rather unfortunate curse that ends each day after just one minute."

"Opus Magnum is the latest open-ended puzzle game from Zachtronics, the creators of SpaceChem, Infinifactory, TIS-100, and SHENZHEN I/O. Master the intricate, physical machinery of the transmutation engine— the alchemical engineer’s most advanced tool— and use it to create vital remedies, precious gemstones, deadly weapons, and more."

"Noita is a magical action rogue-lite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated. Fight, explore, melt, burn, freeze and evaporate your way through the procedurally generated world using spells you've created yourself."

"Return of the Obra Dinn - An Insurance Adventure with Minimal Color

In 1802, the merchant ship Obra Dinn set out from London for the Orient with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later it hadn't met its rendezvous point at the Cape of Good Hope and was declared lost at sea.

Early this morning of October 14th, 1807, the Obra Dinn drifted into port at Falmouth with damaged sails and no visible crew. As insurance investigator for the East India Company's London Office, dispatch immediately to Falmouth, find means to board the ship, and prepare an assessment of damages.

Return of the Obra Dinn is a first-person mystery adventure based on exploration and logical deduction."

"Hypnospace Outlaw is an alternate reality internet simulator in which you become an Enforcer, a virtual mall cop who crawls surreal webpages to find and report naughty users. You'll contend with strange viruses, arcane software, and digital conspiracies along the way."

(Continued...)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

"Now that you’ve been accepted by “The Primate Observation Club” you can invade the privacy of dozens of strangers and witness their most intimate moments while you make your living. Progress in the Club and don’t forget its number one rule: do not interact with the spied specimens. "Do Not Feed The Monkeys".

Browse social networks, wikis, websites, newspapers, online stores… and use chat and email tools. Once you’ve got information about the spied people… will you intercede in the name of justice, will you sabotage their dreams, or will you sit idly by while the world burns?

Whatever you do (or don’t do) will have consequences!"

Has anyone here played any of them? I'm interested in Return of the Obra Dinn, it's by the same developer as Papers Please, and I also think Noita looks gorgeous. I like the look of Do Not Feed The Monkeys too :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nope not played any but they do look neat. Shame I do not have the time to investigate further.:cool:

Ask a Question