Windows XP Incomplete MSO Upgrage

Reaction score
My computer downloaded a 3 part automatic upgrade for MSOffice Pro. The first two parts installed with no problem as have all previous MS automatic updates. The third part for some reason did not install successfully. Since this happened whenever I load any MSOffice programs (Excel,Word,Outlook and PP) I am very apt to get a window indication that the computer is about to install MSOffice, if I let it run it will tell me that the third part cannot be installed. and to put a CD in or connect to a network since it cain't find a file called SKU011.cab. My problem is this, my computer came preloaded and I have a recovery CD but the missing file can't be found using it and the since the update was downloaded from MS shouldn't the update know where to find the file? Failing to find the file, is it OK to remove .msi files so that the message will go away?

Dennis

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Look on your hard drive for any 'Office' installation folder ...

You may need change hidden files and folders. To do this, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2.Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
3.Click the View tab.
4.Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
5.Clear the Hide file extensions for known file types check box.

user.gif

Ask a Question