    My old Outlook 2000 addresses etc are backed-up in the
    form of *.dbx files. How can I import them into my new
    installation of Outlook 2003?

    Bruno, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Bruno wrote:
    > My old Outlook 2000 addresses etc are backed-up in the
    > form of *.dbx files.

    No, that's Outlook Express. Outlook doesn't use .dbx files - it uses PST
    files.

    > How can I import them into my new
    > installation of Outlook 2003?

    Best to export from OE to Outlook - must be done on the machine running
    Outlook, after you've set up an Outlook profile. Set up OE with a dummy
    email account, point OE at the folder on your hard drive where the dbx files
    are located (tools, options, maintenance, store folder), and see if you can
    use file | export messages.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Oct 10, 2004

  3. They are not stored in dbx files... see
    http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for the files outlook uses and
    where they are stored.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 10, 2004
  4. Bruno

    Guest Guest

    computer disaster and lost all of my Outlook 2000 emails
    etc. But some time ago I had backed up my emails using a
    tip I found in an the Webuser Magazine. I can see they are
    still there as dbx files, and I would like to import them
    into Outlook 2003 that I've now installed.

    Please explain in easy steps as I'm a geriatric surfer.

    Bruno

    Guest, Oct 10, 2004
  5. You'll needo to connect them to Outlook Express then export them to Outlook.
    See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for the information you need to reconnect
    them to OE.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]