IM msg in a Company network

Hi I work for a company that use IM security and after it was apply to all
the user, we are nort able to save emoticons, change ur display picture or
send files. And everytime that we send a msg this msg show up.

IM Administrator: Using IM within *** is subject to malware scanning and ***
security processes. Instant messages could be transferred to *** affiliates
outside your country.

(The *** are the name of the company) When we try to save emoticons we
receive the error msg that the file is invalid. So any suggestion to solve it.

Jason Tsang

Talk to your IT staff. Attempting to get around your own company's policies
by going around your IT staff is generally not a good idea for your own
career.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Read my blog for the latest in Media Center topics
(and other topics that interest me)
http://jtsang.blogspot.com

More information by me
http://jtsang.mvps.org
http://www.classicsunveiled.com

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"IM problems in a company network" <IM problems in a company network
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Cool Jason!! I really apreciate the advise... the only problem is that I´m
the IT guy!!! but I work in the wireless area and to be honest i´m a little
far away from the headquaters and i try to solve it by my self but don´t
worry i will try to talk to the IT but to be honest i don´t know what is the
right department

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings,

These IM security products like IMLogic monitor IM traffic and changes packets as they come
by.

When you're behind a restrictive firewall, Messenger won't be able to make a direct
connection and will attempt to send the file through the server using the same method that
display pictures, emoticons, etc. are sent. As such, whatever product is in use is blocking
file transfers and therefore the functionality you're looking for.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger