I'm here again!

Lee Babcock

Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names.
I'm now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with
my memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

I just subscribed, downloaded and read 2000 messages and it makes me
feel good that there are so many of the old participants still here.

Regards
Lee in Toronto

old jon

Lee Babcock said:
Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple of
years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names. I'm
now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with my
memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

I just subscribed, downloaded and read 2000 messages and it makes me feel
good that there are so many of the old participants still here.

Regards
Lee in Toronto
You`ll be OK Lee. I can`t even remember why I come on here <g>.

Won Dampchin

Lee said:
Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a
couple of years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and
I have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns,
(names of people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't
recall names. I'm now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is
nothing wrong with my memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

I just subscribed, downloaded and read 2000 messages and it makes me
feel good that there are so many of the old participants still here.

Regards
Lee in Toronto

Welcome Back! If you can manage reading 2,000 messages, sounds like you've
fully recovered!

Looking forward to your postings!

Regards...

POKO

Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names.
I'm now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with
my memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

I just subscribed, downloaded and read 2000 messages and it makes me
feel good that there are so many of the old participants still here.

Regards
Lee in Toronto
I understand they're tearing up your neighborhood so you should move to
the Beaches. I fondly remember Kew Beach,
POKO

Klaatu

Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.

Never heard of you. Well, at least I *think* I've never heard of you. I
don't remember hearing of you anyway. I could be wrong though.

;)

bambam

I understand they're tearing up your neighborhood so you should move to
the Beaches. I fondly remember Kew Beach,
POKO

Me too. Lived t here as a child. 23 Selwood , a block from the
lake, between McLean and Glen Manor.

Used to go out of my way to spend a few days in Toronto ...just to go
down to the Beaches and walk on the boardwalk.

Ken

Larry Sabo

Lee Babcock said:
Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.
[snip]
Regards
Lee in Toronto

Welcome back, Lee. They say the mind is the second thing to go. I
can't remember the first. :blush:)

Best wishes for good health!

Larry

Susan Bugher

Lee said:
Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.

Welcome back Lee. :)
I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names.

FWIW I've had that problem since I was a teenager. Names disappear into
a "black hole" when I most need them. . .
I'm now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with
my memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

Agree. :) I'd ask if there is a name for this syndrome but given the
problem itself that's clearly an exercise in futility. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Art

FWIW I've had that problem since I was a teenager. Names disappear into
a "black hole" when I most need them. . .

Stage fright. Putting yourself "on the spot". A belief that names are
unimportant ... only concepts, vivid memories, and the emotional life
are important and significant.

Art ... the 2 bit shrink :)
http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a
couple of years with major illnesses.

Welcome back! I hope your troubles are entirely a thing of the past.
I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health
and I have been left with difficulties in remembering proper
nouns, (names of people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if
I can't recall names.

I try to make it easy by not using one. ;)

POKO

Me too. Lived t here as a child. 23 Selwood , a block from the
lake, between McLean and Glen Manor.

Used to go out of my way to spend a few days in Toronto ...just to go
down to the Beaches and walk on the boardwalk.

Ken
Recognize the street names! Used to ride my bicycle down Southwood Dr.
no hands - talk about being young and dumb. Miss the Fox and The Goof
restaurant, but don't miss Malvern CI. And was in love with a gal who
lived on Selwood,

Reg Edit

Welcome back Lee.
Agree. :) I'd ask if there is a name for this syndrome but given the
problem itself that's clearly an exercise in futility. ;)

Susan

Maybe the name is CRAFT syndrome .... Can't Remember Any Freakin Thing

:)

Michel Firholz

Lee Babcock said:
Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple of
years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names. I'm
now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with my
memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>
You will find thousands of good free memory managers here.
I just can't remember where...

bard of avalon

Just a note to say that I'm back on the NG after being off for a couple
of years with major illnesses.

I had to retire from teaching a little early because of my health and I
have been left with difficulties in remembering proper nouns, (names of
people, places, streets, etc.), so forgive me if I can't recall names.
I'm now using an 80 year old friends line, "there is nothing wrong with
my memory, it's my recall that is flawed!" <vbg>

I just subscribed, downloaded and read 2000 messages and it makes me
feel good that there are so many of the old participants still here.

Regards
Lee in Toronto

Welcome back Lee, it's been awhile.
The only thing that hasn't changed over this period is that the Leafs are
still a crappy team but I'm sure you and your fellow Torontonians are used
to that.
Isn't Kew Beach in Vancouver?

the bard

Lee Babcock

bard said:
[...]

There is a Kew beach in East Toronto by the Boardwalk. If you want to
check it out or if you 'formers' want a walk down memory lane,:

http://www.torontobeach.ca/beaches/history_eastern.htm

Regards
Lee in Toronto

PS Thanks to all for the kind words and some new 'memory' lines. <g>

Lee Babcock

Michel said:
You will find thousands of good free memory managers here.
I just can't remember where...
But none of them are for the BlockHead Operating System. <g>
Regards
Lee in Toronto

Won Dampchin

»Q« said:
Welcome back! I hope your troubles are entirely a thing of the past.

I try to make it easy by not using one. ;)

[sound of appreciative applause!]