    If this fails, a re installation of the .NET CF is recommended.

    any idea?
    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 29, 2007

    Neil Cowburn Guest

    Use still need the .NET Compact Framework on the device. ILMerge does not
    create a native version of a managed executable.

    --
    Neil Cowburn
    Principal Partner

    http://www.opennetcf.com/

    Neil Cowburn, Jan 29, 2007

    .NET CF 2.0 is installed on the device. I even try to re install it.
    The application (not merge) succeed to run on the device.

    Ofer

    Guest, Jan 30, 2007

    Neil Cowburn Guest

    You need to use the /targetplatform command-line argument so that ILMerge
    will reference the correct BCL assemblies.

    See here for more details:
    http://blog.opennetcf.org/ncowburn/2007/01/30/UsingILMergeOnCompactFrameworkApplications.aspx

    --
    Neil Cowburn
    Principal Partner

    http://www.opennetcf.com/

    Neil Cowburn, Jan 30, 2007

    Hi Neil,

    I have tried what you describe on your blog without success as i still
    get ".NET CF Initialization Error". ILDASM indicates assembly
    references are set for compact framework.

    I am using the following command line -

    ILMerge /t:winexe /targetplatform:2,"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
    Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL" /
    log:c:\bin\log.txt /zeroPeKind /ndebug /lib:"C:\Program Files
    \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework
    \2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL" /out:c:\bin\nano.exe c:\bin\nanoapp.exe c:\bin
    \nanoapp.controls.dll c:\bin\system.data.sqlite.dll

    Any insight would be helpful.

    Kind Regards,
    Tarek

    PS - I have tried with and without system.data.sqlite.dll + other
    applications and I have same problem.

    , Jan 31, 2007

    Neil Cowburn Guest

    I've contacted someone at Microsoft about this and will let you know what I
    find out.

    --
    Neil Cowburn
    Principal Partner

    http://www.opennetcf.com/

    Neil Cowburn, Jan 31, 2007
  7. <> wrote in message
    > Hi Neil,
    >
    > I have tried what you describe on your blog without success as i still
    > get ".NET CF Initialization Error". ILDASM indicates assembly
    > references are set for compact framework.
    >
    > I am using the following command line -
    >
    > ILMerge /t:winexe /targetplatform:2,"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
    > Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL" /
    > log:c:\bin\log.txt /zeroPeKind /ndebug /lib:"C:\Program Files
    > \Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework
    > \2.0\v2.0\Debugger\BCL" /out:c:\bin\nano.exe c:\bin\nanoapp.exe c:\bin
    > \nanoapp.controls.dll c:\bin\system.data.sqlite.dll
    >
    > Any insight would be helpful.
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    > Tarek
    >
    > PS - I have tried with and without system.data.sqlite.dll + other
    > applications and I have same problem.

    You won't be able to run ILMerge in conjunction with SQLite. The SQLite
    library is a special mixed-mode DLL containing both managed and unmanaged
    code, and I had to write a special program to merge the two together in the
    first place for the Compact Framework.

    Robert

    Robert Simpson, Jan 31, 2007

    Hi Robert,

    I assumed that you could not ILMerge the SQLite dll which is why I
    tried with and without your excelent piece of work. I remember you
    talking about how you merged the two DLL's.

    Howerver, I have tried using ILMerge on two simple projects (created
    device Windows App and device Control library. No SQLite or other dlls
    purely .net default references) added reference to control library,
    compiled and then tried ILMerge without success. Still getting ".NET
    CF Initialization Error"

    Kind Regards,
    Tarek

    , Jan 31, 2007

    Hi Neil,

    Thanks for following this up. It would be great to be able to use
    ILMerge.

    Kind Regards,
    Tarek

    , Jan 31, 2007

    Hi Neil,

    Did you by any chance get a response about this ILMerge problem?

    Kind Regards,
    Tarek

    , Feb 8, 2007

    Neil Cowburn Guest

    Neil Cowburn, Feb 14, 2007

    Hi Neil,

    I just downloaded the new update and it works great. I really
    appreciate your assistance. Also, please thank Michael Barnett for
    uploading the fix.

    My next challenge is to and figure out how to ILMerge SQLite (just
    hoping Robert!!!! :) )

    Anyway, thanks.

    Kind Regards,
    Tarek