IIS7 and .NET 3.5

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET Framework' started by Dylan Parry, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Hi,

    I installed Visual Studio 2008 Express earlier today, but I am not sure
    that IIS7 has been correctly configured to be able to use the 3.5 Framework.

    When I look at the AppPools listed in IIS7, I see two AppPools that are
    both set to use v2.0, and when attempting to create a new one, v3.5
    simply isn't shown as an available Framework.

    Am I missing something (ie. the plot!), or is this just how it is?

    Cheers,

    --
    Dylan Parry

    The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
    those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

    Dylan Parry, Nov 20, 2007

  2. Dylan Parry

    Rory Becker Guest

    > When I look at the AppPools listed in IIS7, I see two AppPools that
    > are both set to use v2.0, and when attempting to create a new one,
    > v3.5 simply isn't shown as an available Framework.
    >
    > Am I missing something (ie. the plot!), or is this just how it is?

    I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR version
    which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

    --
    Rory

    Rory Becker, Nov 20, 2007

  3. Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Rory Becker wrote:

    > I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR version
    > which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

    Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot :) Cheers. So presumably, although I am
    writing code in C# 3.0, the resulting DLL files are "ran" in the same
    CLR as was installed for .NET 2.0 (and then 3.0)?

    Dylan Parry, Nov 20, 2007
  4. Dylan Parry

    Rory Becker Guest

    >> I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the
    >> CLR version which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.
    >>

    > Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot :) Cheers. So presumably, although I
    > am writing code in C# 3.0, the resulting DLL files are "ran" in the
    > same CLR as was installed for .NET 2.0 (and then 3.0)?

    Thats the way I understand it.

    It's also this that allows you to use many of the new language features (extention
    methods etc) and still target 2.0.

    The exceptions to this are things like linq which require library support
    as well.

    --
    Rory

    Rory Becker, Nov 20, 2007
  5. Dylan Parry

    AlieN Guest

    "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    > Rory Becker wrote:
    >
    >> I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR
    >> version
    >> which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

    > Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot :) Cheers. So presumably, although I am
    > writing code in C# 3.0,

    C# 3.0?

    AlieN, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    AlieN wrote:

    > C# 3.0?

    Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
    the brain.

    Dylan Parry, Nov 21, 2007
  7. Dylan Parry <> wrote:
    > > C# 3.0?

    > Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
    > the brain.

    Some people do put the ".0" in for various versions of C#. In theory
    the version of C# in VS2003 was actually 1.2, believe it or not.

    Personally I like to stick to 1, 2, 3 :)

    --
    Jon Skeet - <>
    http://www.pobox.com/~skeet Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/jon.skeet

    Jon Skeet [C# MVP], Nov 21, 2007
  8. Dylan Parry

    AlieN Guest

    "Jon Skeet [C# MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Dylan Parry <> wrote:
    >> > C# 3.0?

    >> Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
    >> the brain.

    > Some people do put the ".0" in for various versions of C#. In theory
    > the version of C# in VS2003 was actually 1.2, believe it or not.
    >
    > Personally I like to stick to 1, 2, 3 :)

    confused here.
    do we already use c# 3 (as language version) on the Orca?

    AlieN, Nov 22, 2007
  9. Dylan Parry

    AlieN Guest

    I see we do. I thought it's not out yet.

    AlieN, Nov 22, 2007
  10. Jon Skeet [C# MVP], Nov 22, 2007