IIS6 Restart

Discussion in 'Microsoft ASP .NET' started by Mark Fitzpatrick, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. Typically when an ASP.Net app restarts it resets everything, as is the case
    when the web.config file is updated. It could be you've heard about being
    able to store the ASP.Net session state in a SQL Server store. I believe in
    this scenario it can survive an application restart, but I haven't toyed
    with that in a year or so, so I'm not exactly sure anymore.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    "Ali.M" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > I heared that one of IIS6 new capabilities is it can keep all session

    state
    > variables when I restart the IIS.
    >

    > When I change web.config and save it during the asp.net application

    runtime,

    Ali.M, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Mark Fitzpatrick

    Rama Guest

    This is a known behavior.

    If the Session information is configured to be stored in SQL Server, then
    you can avoid resetting of the Session information.

    Pl. try Im not 100% sure but I did try something like before for testing and
    i believe it worked for me.

    Good Luck

    Rama, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Mark Fitzpatrick

    coollzh Guest

    you can store you session in another server runing asp.net StateService
    when you asp.net appDomain Recyled, you can retrieve your session object
    from the StateServer

    coollzh, Apr 30, 2004