IIS Error: failed to load resources from resource file

G

when using a web application of my own creation, i am getting the following error in the event viewer

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.573- Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource fil
Please check your Setup

i am running windows server 2003, with v1.1.4322.573 of the microsoft .net framewor

i have seen a few posts with this same error message, but, to my knowledge, no one has been able to resolve this issue

this error message is generated when trying to load a custom dll of my making. the dll is a c library compiled in visual studio .net. the same dll works on two other machines, a windows xp pro with v1.1 .net, and a windows 2000 server with v1.1 of .net
furthermore, a standalone c# application using the dll in question works correctly on the same system
for these two reasons, i do not believe that this error is because of the shortcomings of the dll

has anyone found a resolution for this issue

any help would be greatly apreciated

thank you
abram

Ask a Question