IF Statements

A

angelapercival

Hi everyone,

I am trying to write an IF statement to calculated a 'Risk Value' of Red, Amber or Green.

So I have to columns, one lists the probability of high, medium, low and others column to list the impact, again, high, medium or low.

I need a 3rd column to calculate the risk value based on the contents of the probability and impact calls.

i.e. something like

=IF([@Probability]="Low",[@Impact]="Low" then risk value is 'green', @Probability]="Low",[@Impact]="high", then risk value is 'orange', @Probability]="high",[@Impact]="high" then risk value is red

Thanks in advance for your help

C

Claus Busch

Hi Angel,

Am Sun, 23 Nov 2014 06:10:21 -0800 (PST) schrieb
(e-mail address removed):
=IF([@Probability]="Low",[@Impact]="Low" then risk value is 'green', @Probability]="Low",[@Impact]="high", then risk value is 'orange', @Probability]="high",[@Impact]="high" then risk value is red

your probability in column A from A2 down, impact in column B from B2
down. Then in C2:
=IF(A2&B2="lowlow","green",IF(A2&B2="lowhigh","orange",IF(A2&B2="highhigh","red","")))

Regards
Claus B.

C

Claus Busch

Hi again,

Am Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:21:57 +0100 schrieb Claus Busch:
Then in C2:
=IF(A2&B2="lowlow","green",IF(A2&B2="lowhigh","orange",IF(A2&B2="highhigh","red","")))

or:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A2&B2,{"lowlow","green";"lowhigh","orange";"highhigh","red"},2,0),"")

Regards
Claus B.

Ask a Question